At Little Creatures Brewing, one of Australia’s leading craft brewers, we operate with positivity, passion and personality — our objective is simply to make outstanding beer that we are all immensely proud of.
We are currently seeking a Brewery Engineer to join the team at our new Geelong Brewery.
Reporting to the Head Brewer, the Brewery Engineer will initially be focused on the successful installation and commissioning of the Geelong Brewery. After commissioning, the focus will be on engineering support to the brewing and packaging operations; in particular plant maintenance and utilities efficiency.
During Installation and Commissioning you will be responsible for ensuring these activities are conducted in a safe manner, working with the operating team and suppliers to develop standard operating procedures, establishing service contracts, maintenance systems and processes and leading the commissioning activities of site utilities and services whilst supporting the commissioning of brewing and packaging operations.
During Plant Operations you will be responsible for ensuring that engineering related activities are conducted in a safe manner, managing maintenance systems, processes and activities to maximize equipment performance at optimal cost and product quality, optimising brewery utilities, championing continuous improvement methodologies and ensuring the ongoing management of plant engineering standards.
The role will be challenging and rewarding and a salary package commensurate with the seniority and responsibility of this role will be negotiated.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant engineering degree, preferably with process engineering and automation systems experience.
- Demonstrated ability in the development, management and effective use of maintenance processes and systems.
- Track record of managing contractors and project engineering.
- Experience in commissioning new plant and equipment would be well regarded.
- High level of competence with MS Office suite and maintenance management systems. ERP experience would be well regarded, as well as some experience with AutoCad and PLC/SCADAprogramming.
- Working knowledge of brewing and associated packaging operations would be highly regarded, as would an IBD Diploma in Brewing.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will have 5+ years of plant engineering experience, preferably in the food and beverage industry and possess strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and a current copy of your Resume to;
Diane Clark, Human Resources