Swordfish with IPA caper relish
Prep: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
This is a delightful dish on a warm summer’s day, especially with its refreshing IPA vinaigrette. You need to choose a bright vivacious beer that has handfuls of alpha acids, such as Bridge Road Bling IPA. It’s also great with Mahi Mahi, Yellowtail Kingfish, or Barramundi.
- 4 Swordfish steaks (or 2 large steaks and cut them in half)
- 2 Tbsp. drained baby capers
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 small red capsicum
- 100ml India Pale Ale (IPA)
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Juice from a small lemon
- Olive oil for frying
- Mix ale, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and capers in a small bowl.
- Toast fennel seeds in pan for a couple of minutes in a dry pan, or until they become fragrant and slightly darker brown. Remove seeds and place into vinaigrette bowl.
- Remove seeds from capsicum and dice finely.
- Add capsicum to pan with some olive oil and cook thoroughly. Remove from pan and add to vinaigrette bowl.
- Cook swordfish steaks on an oiled grill or pan for 5 to 6 minutes a side.
- Serve fish topped with a good helping of the caper relish and a glass of IPA.