Beerkary is a pop-up bakery, which comes from a simple desire to combine our two favourite things – beer and baked goods. Each of our menus are inspired by the specific flavours profiles of matching beers and often use the same hops and malts.
This event includes industry talks and laneway party featuring pop-up bars, food vendors and live music. It celebrates local food production and enterprise in Brisbane and supports more than 35 small food businesses, as part of the wider G20 Cultural Celebrations.
From 6-7pm, Beerkary (chef Ben Devlin) will be part of an conversation panel talking about “Start Ups, Collaboration and Creativity”, and Beerkary’s market stall will be matching to the pop-up bars by Brewtal Brewers, The Scratch and Stone & Wood.
The menu of savoury and sweets, include
- Chocolate, crystal malt fudge cookie sandwich with caramelised white chocolate
- Smørrebrod open sandwich #1 – Red ale & rye bread with corned lamb tongue & sauerkraut
BEER: Brewtal’s Brisbane River Brown
- Salted caramel & malt flødeboller. (meringue and cookie)
- Smørrebrod open sandwich #2 – Wholemeal spelt & ale bread with grilled onion & aged cheddar
BEER: Brewtal’s Sourdough Ale
- Sourdough doughnut, spiced custard honey & grain glaze
- Smørrebrod open sandwich #3 – Sprouted grain and honey sourdough with honey glazed pork jowl, apple and mustard seeds
BEER: Stone and Wood Pacific Ale
- Smørrebrod open sandwich #4 – Wholemeal spelt & ale bread, IPA cured trout, smoked potato salad & pickles.
We hope to see you there!
Small Batch Brisbane
Wandering Cooks, 1 Fish Lane, West End
Pastries and sandwiches range from $5– $7