Blizzard Brewing Company, Australia’s highest brewery, based in Dinner Plain in the Victorian Alps, has just successfully completed trading through its first ski season. Now it’s time to bring the beer down the mountain so our Alpine visitors can get it at home. So we are hiring a Victorian sales rep. If this sounds like the job for you, read on…
Job Description: Sales Rep – Victoria
Blizzard Brewing is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and passionate craft beer ambassador to be our Sales Representative in Victoria, based in Melbourne.
Blizzard is Australia’s first and only brewery located above the snowline, brewing with the freshest water accessed from the snow-melt aquifers in the Victorian High Country. We are an authentic experience. 100% of our beer is handmade and packaged in-house at our single venue, by staff who are passionate about what they do, working for an independently owned family business.
To progress our objective to provide keg and packaged beer into craft oriented bottle shops, restaurants and bars, we are looking for a confident and experienced sales rep who is adept at forging strong relationships, accomplished in representing the brand and brewery values, is self-motivated, is capable of working independently, can demonstrate previous establishment and management of successful sales plans, and can establish momentum from a start-up position. You will be working directly with our small management team, responsible for showcasing our brand, managing our existing accounts, attracting new customers and increasing market share within our target regions of Melbourne metro, Gippsland and North East Victoria.
- Represent, showcase and grow the brand and the availability Blizzard Brewing beer
- Build and maintain relationships and increase service, support and sales to new and existing accounts
- Assist the management team by taking a leading role in market analysis, development of the sales framework and sales targets
- Co-ordinate sales events and festivals
- Provide beer education opportunities within the tourism, hospitality and craft beer communities
- Manage point of sale requirements
- Establish relationships with distributors to achieve sales goals
- Develop and implement sales reporting to management, including back-log, ordering, and fulfilment.
The following personal characteristics would be considered desirable:
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, confident and friendly
- A strong sales background and demonstrated capability to build relationships
- A strong craft beer knowledge and experience in Blizzard’s target markets and target audience
- Able to multi-task whilst keeping a strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Be able to work independently to accomplish goals
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including some nights and weekends
- Technologically literate, proficient with email, Microsoft Office and sales and invoicing programs.
Other key considerations:
- This role will not be fulfilled from Dinner Plain, but from within one of our target markets – likely but not necessarily Melbourne. While frequent travel to the brewery is envisaged, the successful candidate will be able to work from home with frequent travel required
- You must hold a full drivers license and a current RSA
- The role could be part time or full time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before 16 October 2016.