- Stomping Ground Brewery & Beer Hall
- The Local Taphouse
- GABS Beer, Cider & Food Festival
- GABS Hottest 100 Craft Beers of the Year
Deep in the heart of our brewery lair, our small but dedicated team is furiously plotting to convert the drinkers of the world to a better beer experience.
It’s a mission that started over a decade ago with The Local Taphouse beer bars in Melbourne and Sydney. Fiercely championing quality beer since the very first pour, these frontrunners in our quest for better beer are now recognised as among the leading beer venues in the country.
The journey continued with GABS Beer, Cider & Food Fest, where we reimagined what a beer festival could be and released hundreds of new and experimental beers on curious punters. Winning one palate at a time through an exceptional and unique experience, the event has grown from a few thousand people at The Local Taphouses in 2012 to more than 33,000 ‘beer curious’ punters across Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland today.
This led to the GABS Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers of the year poll. Now running across Australia and New Zealand, the annual list is considered “the largest and most influential people’s choice poll in the land”, according to Australian Brews News.
And now, we’ve launched Stomping Ground Brewing Co, the flagship in our better beer armada. At SGB, we see ourselves as a ‘pathfinder’ to help guide drinkers on their own better beer journey. Through our range of beers, our beer hall, and our events, we’ll break down the barriers that so often see a new beer drinker left lost and alone in the beer wilderness.
We know what we need to do. But we need your help.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is…
- Informed by our Brand Identity, create a powerful Visual Style Guide. Distinctive, creative, compelling and consistent, this will form the backbone of our operations, and will be deployed across our arsenal, from beer cans and packaging to merchandise, menus, decals, posters, events, trade marketing and much more.
- Provide rapid response design to fuel our frontline communications across websites, social media, eDMs and video.
THE LOCAL TAPHOUSE
- Refresh the brand and style guide for our much loved beer temples, updating them to meet the demands of today’s consumer.
- Bring pace and consistency to our key communications across social media, eDMs, promotional posters and website.
GABS BEER, CIDER & FOOD FEST
- Design and deploy a suite of marketing assets in the months leading up to our events in Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland (and beyond). Banners, tiles, gifs, billboards, graphics, JPEGs, PNGs, videos, event signage, printed guides, proposals, event kits, mockups, floor plans and much more.
Here are the skills you’ll need to get the job…
- Creativity. We’re not looking for a simple ‘churn and burn’ Mac operator. This is an opportunity to help us shape our brands to create (and maintain) market leading positions.
- Pace. We work at a furiously competitive pace. If you can’t keep up, this may not be the role for you.
- Organisation. Managing the design requirements of three brands and multiple campaigns requires focused thinking and clear processes.
- Self-Starter Approach. This is a highly independent role within a small team. An ability to understand requirements and get on with the job is critical.
- Passion. Design is subjective. Everyone has a view. And we’re all passionate people here. We want someone who will listen and respond well to feedback, but also believe in and defend their work.
- An Eye For Detail. An ability to produce consistently high quality work, using the correct fonts, colours, logos and of course accurate spelling is a must.
- Technical Ability. A high level of skill with relevant Design applications (primarily Adobe Suite), G Suite and Microsoft Office is essential. Experience with video production and editing (particularly for social media application) is a bonus.
We anticipate strong interest in this position. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a similar role, a hunger to make this position their own, and a creative approach to their application.
Position: Graphic Designer / Content Producer
Contract: Permanent, full time
Company: Stomping Ground Brewing Co
Reporting To: Marketing Director (Stomping Ground / Local Taphouse) and Event Director (GABS Beer, Cider & Food Fest)
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne
Salary: $50k – 65k (incl super) – depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Applications Close: Friday 3 March
Apply for this job by clicking here.