They may not be actively brewing anymore at Freemantle’s Sail & Anchor, but the iconic pub seems to be delivering on its commitment to support craft beer.
As part of their Novembeer celebrations, this Saturday the pub, part of the ALH Group, will host the Night of the Barrels. featuring a range of Australian craft beers including some served from wooden barrels.
Tickets to the event cost $40 and include seven 150ml samples of limited release craft beers as well as complimentary tapas, live music and giveaways.
The event will also see the auctioning of a bottle of “Antarctic Ale” brewed by West Australian microbrewery Nail Brewing from water obtained from an Antarctic iceberg.
Featured beers include:
- Prickly Moses Raspberry Organic Ale
- 2 Brothers James “Belgian Dubbel” Brown
- Sail & Anchor “Oakface” Oaked-Aged IPA Firkin Tapping
- Feral “Funkie Junkie” Barrel-Aged U.S. Wild Ale
- 3 Ravens “USB” Uber Special Bitter
- Mash “Black Knight” Black IPA Firkin Tapping
- Bridge Road “B2 Bomber” Black Belgian IPA
The Sail & Anchor advises tickets are limited must be pre-purchased. No door sales.