Preparation: 5-10 min
Cooking: 10 min
Now that summer is almost here, it’s an ideal time to have friends around for delicious but simple to make meals like this one. The fish cook just as well in the oven or on the BBQ, wrapped in paper (En Papillote) or foil. The foil works better on a BBQ; just remove it from the foil to serve. I use King George Whiting, but you can use any good firm white fish, such as Snapper, or Barramundi. Add a lighter flavoured beer, such as a German style pilsner, so as not to overpower the delicate flavours of the fish.
- 6 fillets of a firm white fish
- 1 large Lemon, sliced thinly
- Bunch fresh dill
- Black epper
- 1 bottle of German-style pilsner (like Trumer Pils, Mildura Stefano’s, or Holgate Pilsner)
- Cut baking paper or foil into heart shape, brush one half with some olive oil, and place the fish on the oiled side.
- Grind some black pepper over the fish and cover with the lemon slices.
- Top with a few sprigs of fresh dill.
- Splash some of the lager over the fish, about 25 to 30 ml.
- Tightly wrap up the parcels.
- Cook in preheated 180°C oven or on a medium heat BBQ for around 5 minutes.
- The fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.