Note: This tasting took place at Josie Bones last Thursday.
Beer and Food Matching First for AIBA at Josie Bones Restaurant
Today, in partnership with beer expert Chris Badenoch, the Australian International Beer Awards (AIBA) previewed an exclusive beer and food matching menu designed for the forthcoming Awards Presentation Dinner, proof that the annual AIBA continues to innovate in its 20th year.
The three course tasting presented as a canapé menu, comprised of dishes including ocean trout and spanner crab for entrée, pork belly for main and baby pannacotta for dessert, was served with tasting- sized samples of 2011 winning beers at Badenoch’s Melbourne restaurant, Josie Bones.
Industry Advisory Group member, Chris Badenoch commented; “We’re passionate about using beer as an ingredient as well as an accompaniment to great food and the dishes we’ve created for the AIBA highlight the quality and diversity of entries”.
The tasting was a preview of the meal which will be served at the AIBA Presentation Dinner on Thursday, 17 May at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Each one of the record 1,352 beers entered in 2012 Awards are vying to be the best Australian and international beers, with each sample striving for the highest standards and best taste of the brewers’ craft. Entries have been received from both large and craft breweries from all over the world, representing a variety of beer styles and brewing trends.
Beer enthusiasts are invited to taste the 2012 AIBA entries at the inaugural World of Beer – Tasting Around the Globe event where beer lovers can sample local and international packaged beers entered this year for judging. The first World of Beer – Tasting Around the Globe event will be held on Friday, 18 May at The Atrium, Federation Square.
Tickets are available from www.beerawards.com.
Notes to editors:
- The AIBA welcomes international judges including Anders Kissmeyer (Denmark, winner of Best Diploma Master Brewer 2011) and Masayoshi Kaji (Japan)
- Judging will culminate at the Awards Presentation Dinner at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne on Thursday, 17 May 2012
- AIBA’s World of Beer – Tasting Around the Globe will be held on Friday, 18 May from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at The Atrium, Federation Square. For tickets and further information visit www.beerawards.com.au
- For more information about Josie Bones visit www.josiebones.com
- Follow the action on Twitter @AIBA2012