Herb Prawns and Asparagus
Prep: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
Herbed prawns are a lovely and easy start to any dinner.
- 8 or 12 (about 300gm) large shelled raw prawns
- 250ml Australian pale ale
- Bunch (about 170gm) asparagus spears
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp. dried rosemary
- 3 tsp. dried basil
- 3 tsp. paprika (mild)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large pinch black pepper
- Butter for frying (about 50gm)
- A few sprigs of fresh parsley
- Grind together rosemary, basil, paprika, salt, and pepper with mortar and pestle or with spice grinder.
- Put the spices, ale, and prawns into a container and marinate for at least an hour in refrigerator.
- Melt half the butter in pan, or on grill, and gently fry asparagus until it turns a rich green colour. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe pan clean and add remaining butter.
- Remove prawns from marinade, and fry for a couple of minutes each side, until they turn completely opaque.
- Serve the asparagus with the prawns on top and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.