We are seeking a motivated and passionate beer lover to join our team in the role of a full time brewer. The right candidate will be a team player, will have great communication skills, show a high level of initiative and have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions. Being a craft brewery we constantly face unexpected challenges on a daily basis, those who are practically minded, mechanically inclined, rapidly adaptable, fast learners, love learning and are keen to take on new skills will be confident in this position.
It is crucial that the applicant is able to work unsupervised and to be able to complete tasks within set time paying close attention to and following SOP’s. The ideal applicant will have commercial brewing experience (however exceptions will be made for those showing the right attitude). This is a great opportunity for motivated people looking to join a brewery whose ethos is quality and innovation.
The Job will include but is not limited to the following duties:
- Copious amounts of cleaning of anything and everything.
- Operation of brewery equipment.
- Conduct quality control activities making sure products meets set specifications.
- Complete paperwork according to brewery requirements.
- Conduct lab analysis of beer, yeast counts, according to brewery requirements.
- Long hours, early starts and often late nights, including some weekend work.
- Represent the brewery on and off site, events etc.
- Cellar operations
- Own transportation
- Valid driver’s licence
- Computer literate
- Microsoft office literate
- Must have Australian citizenship/residency or a valid Australian work permit
- As this is a fast paced work environment applicants must be fit and energetic
Applicants who hold the following will be looked upon favourably:
- Forklift licence.
- Previous employment/experience in field.
- Tertiary brewing education or equivalent
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com