Do you want brew with Australia’s Champion Medium Brewery?
Green Beacon Brewing Co is expanding and we need an experienced brewer to take over operations at the original brewery in Teneriffe.
With the bulk of Core Range production taking place at our new facility, we will need someone to head up a small team and continue the great work of Head Brewer Johann Van der Walt, who will continue to oversee production across both sites.
This unique position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to develop an ever-changing roster of special and seasonal release beers.
Applications close: Friday August 19
What you will be doing:
- Day to day brewery duties including weekly brewing, all aspects of cellaring, canning and kegging.
- Performing quality control, maintenance including cleaning and warehousing tasks.
- Following recipes for pre-existing Seasonal / Special Release beers.
- Developing new recipes of varying styles on a weekly basis.
- Working closely with the sales and development team to ensure Brewing schedule is in sync with trade demands.
What we want from you:
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Great work ethic.
- The ability to lead by example and manage a small team of brewery assistants and casual staff.
- Flexible work hours with occasional weekend work required.
- Good practical knowledge of the brewing process and all associated tasks.
- Good understanding of recipe development and experience with mixed fermentation and barrel ageing.
- Previous experience with a Cask Canning Line or similar will be beneficial
- Formal brewing qualification will be highly regarded.
What you get from us:
- Competitive salary based on skill and experience.
- Freedom to explore different styles and create new recipes regularly.
Please send resume and cover letter Johann: email@example.com.