JOB DESCRIPTION: Event Coordinator (Part-time Contract)
PROJECT: Australian Craft Brewers Conference & Craft Beer Awards 2017
In 2017, the Australian Craft Brewers Conference (ACBC) and the Craft Beer Awards are being held in Adelaide from the 25th to 27th of July.
The Australian Craft Brewers Conference (ACBC) is the keystone event of the craft brewer’s calendar. From humble beginnings in 2013, the ACBC has grown to be the must-attend event for craft brewers in Australia and beyond. The ACBC exists to build excellence and best practice in the brewing industry. The ACBC features two-core streams of programming: the Business of Beer, and Brewery Operations; and the ACBC Trade Expo – the only trade expo dedicated to the beer industry in Australia.
The Craft Beer Awards celebrate the very best of craft beer in Australia: the people, the ingredients, the processes and of course, the beer.
Position is based in Newcastle, NSW
Successful candidate required to travel to Adelaide from 20 July 2017 – 29 July 2017
The Craft Beer Industry Association (CBIA) is seeking an organised, personable and tenacious individual to assist the Sponsorship and Events Manager with the smooth delivery of the ACBC 2017 & Trade Expo, Craft Beer Awards competition and the Awards evening. The Event Coordinator supports the Events & Sponsorship Manager with the logistics and administration of all aspects of the events that form the 2017 Australian Craft Brewers Conference and Craft Beer Awards.
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports to Sponsorship and Events Manager and works with the Executive Officer and Administration Officer
External Relationships: Trade exhibitors, sponsors, brewers, service contractors, Craft Beer Awards Judges, Craft Beer Awards entering breweries, publicity team, event staff and contractors, volunteers, Beer & BBQ events team, venue staff +++
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to):
- Oversee travel and accommodation bookings for CBIA staff, Craft Beer Awards judges, international and national guests
- Assist with ticketing arrangements for all events
- Coordinate transport and logistics requirements
- Contribute to overarching event schedule and create event manual
- Revise risk management plan
- Assist with post-event pack down and evaluation
Craft Beer Awards
- Ensure accuracy with Craft Beer Awards competition database pre-, during and post-competition
- Organise the hire and set up of completion staging and all supplies and material for competition judging
- Communicate all relevant information with entering breweries and competition judges
- Assist with speaker information and coordination
- Assist with the coordination and communication of the SA Brewery Tours
- Assist with ACBC 2017 program launch
- Liaise with Trade Expo exhibitors to identify needs and ensure high levels of customer service
- Create and distribute Exhibitor Kit
- Work with logistic providers to ensure clear scheduling and communication for bump in and bump-out
- Significant experience working on large-scale events
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to produce excellent results working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to produce strong relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Tertiary education in related field
REMUNERATION & CONTRACT DATES
- $200 per day + super
- Three days per week from 27 February 2017 – 28 April 2017 (9 weeks)
- Four days per week from 1 May 2017 – 23 June 2017 (8 weeks)
- Full time from 25 June 2017 – 28 July 2017 (5 weeks)
- Three days from 31 July 2017 – 18 August 2017 (3 weeks)
Please include a CV and cover letter, addressing the selection criteria and outlining your experience relevant to the position.
- Applications Close: COB Wednesday 1 February
- Interviews: Friday 3 February
- Contract starts: Week beginning 27 February
For more information, please contact Katherine McLean, Sponsorship and Events Manager on 02 4925 7785 or email: [email protected]
ABOUT THE CBIA:
The CBIA is the independent voice shaping and driving the future of Australian craft beer. The CBIA was founded in 2013 and is the trade association representing Australia’s craft brewers. The CBIA defines as Australian craft brewer as a brewer producing less than 40 million litres per annum.
For more information please contact Katherine on 02 4925 7785
or email [email protected]