Articles published under the media release byline are news produced by the relevant business and remain unedited by Brews News.
Do you have a passion for good beer? Then the Royal Queensland Food & Wine Show (RQFWS) Beer Awards invites you to express your interest in becoming a volunteer Steward.
Featuring a dedicated team of brewers, beer writers and industry figures, the RQFWS Beer Awards in March 2020 will crown Australia’s best beer and champion beer using desalinated water, plus the best breweries.
The RQFWS will also hold its brand new Royal Queensland Beer Festival the weekend of judging.
To make all of this come to fruition, the competition requires dedicated and skilled volunteer Stewards to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Benefits of being a Steward at the RQFWS Beer Awards:
- The opportunity to be at the heart of the competition and develop knowledge of the judging process
- The opportunity to move into an Associate Judge position after volunteering for at least 2x RQFWS Beer Awards
- Increased knowledge of beer, the industry and the people within it
- Engagement and networking with industry professionals
- A RQFWS Beer Awards t-shirt for you to keep
- Lunch and refreshments provided each day
- Sampling of beers throughout the week
- The opportunity to be involved at the first ever Royal Queensland Beer Festival
RQFWS Beer Awards Stewarding Requirements:
- While bar and/or hospitality experience is helpful, it is not essential. A passion for good beer and an ability to take direction and stick to a plan are sought after qualities in successful applicants
- Confident with pouring and serving tap and packaged beer
- Be able to undertake manual handling tasks including moving standard sized kegs
- Be energetic, committed and eager to learn
- Be available for at least one (1) of the two (2) critical competition days (Monday 2 March and Tuesday 3 March 2020)
Previous experience with stewarding/volunteering and knowing how to tap kegs will be looked upon favourably
Submit your application by clicking the link below. Successful applicants will be advised by the end of January 2020.