Articles published under the media release byline are news produced by the relevant business and remain unedited by Brews News.
Independent breweries across Australia are facing an uncertain future as taprooms are forced to close their doors due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
With many businesses across the country suffering, The Independent Brewers Association is calling on Australians to support their local brewery.
Peter Philip, Chairman of the Independent Brewers Association, said with the closure taprooms, pubs and clubs, many breweries will need to stand-down their workforce and potentially may need to close completely.
“Indie brewers are already doing it tough and need every bit of help they can get to keep trading for as long as possible which includes throwing support behind the Crafty Pint initiative #keepinglocalalive,” he said.
The IBA is working to spread the message that local breweries are an essential part of our community and with the community’s support over the coming months, maybe not all is lost.
“Australian consumers can help save the independent brewing industry when they’re standing in the bottle shop or shopping online for their next beer by choosing indie beer. Look out for the seal so, you know you’re buying from local, indie brewers. That way, you’re supporting local jobs, local industry and keeping many small Australians businesses afloat.” said Philip.
What can you do?
- Shop direct: arrange to pick-up orders straight from your local brewery.
- Buy online: purchase from breweries with online deliveries or online retailers.
- Support local bottle shops: look for the independent brewery seal in your local bottle shop.
- Buy a voucher: if you don’t need beer straight away, purchase it now to inject some much needed cash into the economy and arrange for collection/delivery at a later date.
- Tell your mates to ‘keep local alive’: it’s important that we practice mateship during these
difficult times and share a message of support to all those in our local community.
We’re in this together and can survive if everyone is keeping local alive. To find out more about
what you can do to support your local breweries head to www.iba.org.au