Having endured a year like no other – with bushfires and now a global health pandemic wiping out tourism – local food and beverage producers in the town of Bright have come together to bring the best of Bright to the people.
The High Country at Home LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE box has been hand-selected to give you a delicious taste of Bright from the comfort of your couch, and to whet your appetite to return once it’s safe to do so.
The town of Bright, at the foothills of the Australian Alps, is a tourist Mecca all year-round, for holidaying families enjoying its riverside location in the warm summer months and nature-lovers visiting when the town is awash with Autumn colour, to adventurous snow-lovers, and cyclists who enjoy the world-class cycling trails and routes.
But with much of the country still in the grips of this health crisis, travel off the agenda for many people, much of Victoria, including Melbourne, back in lockdown, and the Vic/NSW border closed, Bright is again suffering from a dramatic decrease in visitation, further impacting local producers who have endured a very tough year already.
The LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE box is completely bespoke, and can be customised to your tastes and personal preferences, with a wide choice of produce.
Participating producers include:
- Bright Brewery
- Alpine Cider
- Bright Tea Co
- Sixpence Coffee
- Reed and Co Distillery
- Alpine Sauce Co
- Mt Buffalo Olives
- Bright Wines
Bright Brewery marketing manager Laura Gray said the LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE box was perfect for those in lockdown, those who had missed out on trips or events in Bright this year, and those who just loved excellent food, wine and beer!
“When it comes to local produce, Bright is an incredibly heavy-hitter for its size,” Ms Gray said. “Many of our local producers are leaders in their industries and are producing exceptionally great food, spirits, wine and beer.
“So LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE was created to really showcase the very best of what Bright has to offer in terms of local produce.
“We’d love people to buy a box and enjoy this fantastic local produce while dreaming and planning their next trip to Bright.”
So what’s in the case?
- Bright Brewery: Choice of beers (6-pack)
- Alpine Cider: Choice of ciders (4-pack)
- Bright Tea Co: Choice of teas (50g)
- Sixpence Coffee: Coffee beans – choice of grind (250g)
- Reed and Co Distillery: Choice of cocktails (200ml)
- Alpine Sauce Co: Barbecue sauce (250ml)
- Mt Buffalo Olives: Olive oil (250ml)
- Bright Wines Choice of wines (bottle)
How do I get one?
- Visit www.brightbrewery.com.au/brightsidebox (from tomorrow July 24)
- Add the case to your Cart, and buy it now (presale ends Aug 9)
- All cases will be shipped from Aug 14
- Stocks of these special edition cases are extremely limited and will only be sold during a presale period, which ends at 11.59pm on Sunday, Aug 9.