Website Tribe Breweries
About the business
Tribe is Australia’s most innovative, agile and disruptive brewing collective. Independent to the core, we exist to drive the rising tide, knocking down barriers and bridging gaps that would otherwise exist to drink better and drink different. Home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
This is a new role for us, identified as a need due to our recent and anticipated future growth. The role reports to our Financial Controller and will play a critical role in data analysis and reporting across the business to support accurate and speedy decision making in our agile industry.
Based in Marrickville, the home of craft beer in Sydney, this is a full-time role within our talented finance team. Infrequent travel to our manufacturing sites in Smeaton Grange and Goulburn will be required from time to time.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Ownership of end-of-month and end-of-year accounting tasks across multiple entities, including preparation of profit and loss statements;
- Account reconciliation processes, including inter-company transactions;
- Collection of cost information for the purpose of analysis, projections and reporting;
- Preparing budgeting reports and assisting with financial forecasting by department;
- Using your skills and knowledge of the business to partner with our production teams, identifying opportunities to minimise risk, increase efficiencies, and build value;
- Reporting on manufacturing variances and establishing standards for future evaluation and analysis;
- Ensuring all outputs are in compliance with current accounting practices and regulatory requirements.
Benefits and perks
Within walking distance of the heart of Marrickville and 500m from Sydenham station, our open office space is home to a crew of talented and passionate individuals who bring their all every day. Our dynamic and diverse Finance team is full of rockstars who are skilled and experienced, presenting a valuable opportunity for mentoring and professional development.
Tribe members enjoy discounts at our local brewery, the Stockade Barrel Room here in Marrickville, and also access to our extensive range of products. We are social, flexible and we make craft beer – it’s a great place to be!
Skills and experience
Our ideal new Tribe member will be able to demonstrate the following –
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an accounting role, within a manufacturing/cost accounting environment;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, with a demonstrated understanding of how to apply accounting principles;
- Technical competence working with small batches and large numbers of short run production orders;
- Capability to work with bills of materials, reporting on numerous manufacturing variances, setting and measuring against standards and analysing/evaluating/ reporting variances
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, Zoho and Reckon software systems are essential/highly desirable;
- Highly developed research and analytical skills, with sharp attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong relationship management skills to partner with relevant stakeholders across the business and build trust and respect;
- Excellent computer literacy, MS Excel in particular (familiarity with VLOOKUPs and pivot tables).
Our Tribe is highly committed to our vision; we are a high energy crew that is determined, focused and willing to take on any allocated tasks that will support us to reach our goals. We value people who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. Ability to think outside the square and be creative on the fly are skills that are well utilised here.
If this sounds like the place you want to be, get in touch and let us know why you should be the next member welcomed into our Tribe.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.