Website Matilda Bay Brewery
Job Title: Assistant Brewer
Location: Healesville, Yarra Valley
Reports to: Brewery Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a new member of the team to join us in the role of Assistant Brewer. We are looking for a technically competent brewer who will thrive in an entrepreneurial start-up environment at our new home in the Yarra Valley. You will be ready to roll up your sleeves and be an integral support to our Brewer and team, living and breathing all things Matilda Bay to bring our beers back to Australia!
- Daily brewing, cellaring, filtration, bottling and keg racking operations.
- Performing quality control, maintenance (including cleaning!) and warehousing tasks.
- Good knowledge of the brewing process and strong problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to work shifts as part of a 24hr 5day rotational roster (as we ramp up)
- Supporting Matilda Bay craft beer range and brewing operations at public events.
- General housekeeping – maintain a clean work environment.
- Writing and execution of SOP’s.
- Attend company activities and festivals featuring Matilda Bay products.
Skills and Abilities:
- Safe working practices.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Good time management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to write and operate to a SOP.
- Ability to work as part of a broad team of people including brewing, sales, marketing, logistics and hospitality operations.
- Commercial brewing experience.
- Formal brewing qualifications.
- University degree and trade skills are highly regarded.
- Forklift Licence.
To apply for this job please visit matildabay.com.