Website Colonial Brewing Co.
Colonial Brewing Co. Port Melbourne is the Eastern brewery of the Colonial Leisure Group. Established in 2016 the Port Melbourne Public Bar operates Thurs-Sun, as well as private function spaces and offsite events. We have a rare and unique opportunity for an experienced Assistant Venue Manager to join our team.
To be successful in this role, you must be an efficient multitasker and be willing to be a core member of the team. You will display flexibility and have a good understanding of how to manage a successful business. Exceptional people skills and an interest in craft beer are essential. This role is being offered as a Part Time role initially (20-30 hours a week) with the opportunity to expand in to a full time role in the future for the right candidate.
As part of this role you will be responsible for:
- The efficient day to day running of the venue with a focus on private functions
- Driving the customer service experience from the floor
- Staff training & management
- Inventory control and monitoring all stock movement
- Coordination of offsite events
- Ensuring that a high and consistent level of product is delivered
And Exhibit the following attributes;
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to build rapport with a varied clientele quickly and maintain it
- Strong business skills and ability to think outside the square
- Proven customer service record
To fulfil the role, the successful candidate will also have;
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate
- Experience managing functions and events
- A current VIC drivers license
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Some knowledge of computer systems H&L, word, excel would be an advantage
This is a great opportunity to expand on your knowledge and passion within the hospitality sector. This role can be a real career changer for the right candidate. You will be joining a leading hospitality group that provides great opportunities to grow your hospitality career.
To apply please forward your CV, a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role and 3 references to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Josh.Bailey@Colonialbrewingco.com.au