Website Balter Brewing
About the business and the role
More than just a name, BALTER is the sense of enjoyment you get from doing something you love, just for the thrill of it.
The cool thing is this enjoyment can be found anywhere. You could be winning world titles, or simply feeling triumphant because you’ve navigated the mind bend of putting an Ikea shelf together. It’s purest origins can be found at the end of a good day’s work when you sit back, sip on an epic beer and go… aaaah!
At Balter, we’re all about celebrating that enjoyment with you, because beer is more than just a drink: it draws tribes together and is a companion to many great moments in life.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated individual to join our growing family as a full time Brewer. The role requires a highly skilled and motivated individual with at least 5 years of commercial brewing experience, who is ready to take on an important role supporting our Brew Master & Brewing Production Manager across all facets of the brewing process in our Currumbin Waters Brewery, Queensland.
- Brew various styles of beers accurately, safely and efficiently
- following standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Transfer and filter various styles of beer
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment throughout the brewery
- Ensure Balter Brewing quality of standards and safety are met at all times
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment; this includes fixing valves, pumps, steel masher, mill, brew kettle etc.
- Keeping designated section clean; includes scrubbing of fermenters top to bottom to clean mold and residual soil. Floors should be scrubbed, blow off buckets cleaned, and gravities taken daily
- Brewing wort to recipe specifications and accurately maintaining brew logs
- Support Cellar Operators in cleaning fermenters and bright beer tanks following SOPs to clean and sanitize vessels
- Partake in sensory sessions
- Assist other brewers on daily tasks as required
- Paperwork: clear and concise documentation of all brew process (including gravity, pH, harvest etc.)
- Knowledge of each beer recipe and adherence to the brewing schedule. This is imperative for to meet distribution targets
- Be familiar with laboratory processes and quality control standards
- Be flexible to rotate shifts and work different hours e.g. early mornings, late evenings and weekends
- Ability to use the forklift responsibly and efficiently
- Team first approach
- Solution orientated
- Do it now approach
Only applications through seek are accepted and only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Click here to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.