Website Balter Brewing
About the role
We are looking for a hardworking, dedicated individual to join our growing family as a full time Brewing Team Leader. The role requires a highly skilled and motivated individual with at least 4 years cellar/commercial brewing experience, who is ready to take on an important role supporting our Brew Master & Brewing Production Manager across all facets of the cellar operations. While the role is cellar focused, the individual still needs to have the ability to be able to jump on the brew deck when needed, in our Currumbin Waters Brewery, Queensland.
- Lead and direct hygiene related activities to ensure brewery hygiene is of the highest standard
- Oversee training of cellar operators and provide daily support to Brew Master and Brewing Production Manager
- Ensure all brewery operators are following SOPs for all required brewery duties
- Working with the Safety Manager, make sure brewery is in a safe working environment for all staff, at all times
- Take the lead to improve and implement new safety procedures
Participate in cellar shift rotations as needed to accommodate production demands and to cover leave requirements
- Provide general maintenance and upkeep of the brewery as well as leading and directing hygiene related activities to ensure brewery hygiene is of the highest standard
- Clean and sanitise fermenters and bright beer tanks including ATP analysis of tanks for cleaning effectiveness
- Clean and sanitise beer transfer lines, filtration set up, packaging lines and the can line (where required)
- Ensure quality analysis is being performed during fermentation (gravity, pH, temperature, tasting) including record keeping, and ensure any potential issues are communicated to the Brewing Production Manager and/or Brew Master
- Pull off yeast from the fermenters at the schedule time and dry hop beers
- Transfer beer from fermenters to the bright beer tanks including the use of filtration equipment (where required)
- Prepare malt for brewing in accordance to recipes and mill malt when necessary
- Test and set carbonation levels in bright beer tanks and perform dissolved oxygen checks
- Ensure beer in the bright beer tanks meet Balter Brewing’s Quality Standards with analysis complete and within the required specification before handing the beer over to the packaging team
- Ensure operators are maintaining hygiene of the pilot brewing system and assist the Brew Master with brews and transfers
- Help to maintain inventory as needed and report low levels of inventory to the Brewing Production Manager or Brew Master when necessary
- Participate in meetings as required
- Undertake other brewery related duties at the direction of the Production Manager and/or Brew Master
- Ability to use the forklift responsibly and efficiently
- Team first approach
- Solution orientated
- Do it now approach
The successful candidate will ideally have broad experience across both cellar and brewing operations, fit well within the culture of the business and be flexible in their work hours in order to ensure production requirements are met and will be rewarded with a competitive salary package.
Only applications through seek are accepted and only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Click here to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.