Website Black Hops Brewing
About Black Hops
Black Hops Brewing started as 3 mates making beer and sharing everything they learn along the way. In 2014, Dan, Eddie and Govs made their first beer, the Eggnog Stout, after discussing the concept at the pub. That led them to opening up a brewery and taproom in Burleigh Heads in 2016 and in March 2019 they opened a bigger production brewery and taproom in Biggera Waters.
Black Hops was awarded Australia’s Champion Small Brewer at the 2018 AIBA Awards and in March 2019 were awarded 4 Gold Medals and took home Trophies for Best Pale Ale, Best IPA, Champion Queensland Brewery and Champion Brewery at the RQFWS Queensland Beer Awards.
These days Black Hops is one of Australia’s highest rated and fastest growing breweries. We distribute beer to over 400 venues in QLD, NSW, VIC and SA and we are just getting started. With 16 full-time staff members, we believe we have the best team in the industry. All of us have a great work ethic and are passionate about craft beer and the Black Hops brand. When we hire people we are looking for great members of our exceptional team, not just good candidates for the role.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
A Brewer at Black Hops is responsible for all day-to-day production and packaging of beer at either or both of our breweries. This position works within a team of brewers to ensure all beer is produced at a high quality and that the brewery is kept clean and functional at all times.
We are looking for a brewer who fits in well with our existing team. You will have good communication skills to interact with coworkers and the ability to follow instructions and procedures. You will often be working within a team and also independently so the ability to successfully work in both environments is essential.
Carry out all tasks associated with supporting the head brewer and operation of the brewery.
- Brew and package beer according to a brew schedule
- Keep the brewery clean at all times
- Clean tanks, brewhouse, kegs and other equipment as needed
- Monitor quality and temperatures of beer on a daily basis
- Monitor pressure in tanks at all times
- Be responsible for maintaining all required paperwork and records such as brew logs, packaging records, recipe sheets
Skills and experience:
- At least 2 years’ industry experience
- A formal brewing education preferred
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of quality assurance/quality control and problem-solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues
- Knowledge of craft beer and Black Hops Beers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.