Website Tribe Breweries
About the business
We are Tribe Breweries – home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing in Australia. Every day our team is focused on offering drinkers’ access to the finest beer products, and through our growing Tribe we seek to inspire and excite consumers about the craft beer revolution.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
The Tribe currently runs 4 breweries around Australia and is about to deliver a brand new facility in Goulburn with a capacity to grow to a 700.000hl/a production over the next few years. This new brewery will operate initially on a double shift roster plan with a move to 24/5 rostering by the end of this year due to the rapid production growth. Our brand-new facility boasts state of the art brewing and packaging equipment.
Responsibilities associated with this role include:
- Responsibility for the complex technological processes from brewhouse to packaging
- Brewing duties including brewing, cellaring, centrifuging, bottling and keg racking operations
- Supervision of quality control (CTA & Micro) against our QA standards and industry specifications
- Contribution to recipe development for proprietary brands and recipe conversions to match our client’s brands with our brewing system
- Support the ongoing technological improvement training for all brewers
- Support of preventative maintenance schedule and activities;
- Adherance to best practice OHS standards.
Benefits and perks
The role is full time on a rotating roster that includes day, afternoon and night shifts in our 24-hour plant – offering you flexibility, and a learning opportunity to be partnered with various team members. You will also have access to our excellent range of product. Working in a commercial brewery requires attention to detail and can be physically demanding work but if brewing and craft beer is your passion, you will be right at home here.
Skills and experience
In order to be successful in this role, it is expected that you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in brewing and beverage technology or related subject (Weihenstephan, VLB)
- 5 years experience in a commercial brewery with good knowledge in quality control
- Experience in a contract brewing environment is highly desirable
- Desire to support the development of a fast growing team of individuals
- Firm knowledge in filling technologies (Bottle, Can, Keg)
- Knowledge in HACCP, EHEDGE, ISO certification, BRC
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience in the use of process automation (esp. Brewmaxx)
- Ability to independently and proactively solve complex problems
- Communication skills to work effectively with colleagues, suppliers and clients
- Social skills and ability to represent the Tribe as a Brewer at public events
- A great passion for and about beer!
The best brewers who have grown in our business are enthusiastic about producing the best possible product and have a desire to learn and grow, and always demonstrate a professional attitude. You must be a problem solver and a team player if you want to join our Tribe, so if this sounds like you, tell us a bit about you and why you should be here!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.