Website Balter Brewing Company
More than just a name, BALTER is the sense of enjoyment you get from doing something you love, just for the thrill of it.
The cool thing is this enjoyment can be found anywhere. You could be winning world titles like Mick Fanning and Parko, or simply feeling triumphant because you’ve navigated the mind bend of putting an Ikea shelf together. Its purest origins can be found at the end of a good day’s work when you sit back, sip on an epic beer and go…aaaah!
At Balter, we’re all about celebrating that enjoyment with you, because beer is more than just a drink: it draws tribes together and is a companion to many great moments in life.
About the role
Mmm beer. We love it. You love it. You’ll be responsible for brewing various styles of beer and ensuring that quality is top-notch. You’ll always be striving to improve and push the boundaries and ensure that people have the best beer experience possible. This is done with passion, hard work and supporting your team mates.
You’ll be working across both Krones and DME brewhouses.
Our schedule usually works on a 4 days on 4 days off rotating roster. We also work in a few training and team days on a 5th day once or twice a month. This means you must be available across 7 days and willing to work shifts including early mornings, late evenings and public holidays. You’ll get 5 weeks annual leave for your trouble.
Some stuff you’ll be doing
- Brewing wort to recipe specifications and accurately across both semi-automated and automated brewhouses
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and your designated section; this includes all brewhouse and cellar vessels, valves, pumps, mill, floors, blow off buckets etc.
- Partake in sensory sessions
- Completion of all necessary paperwork and documentation including brewing records in Netsuite
- Adhering to and keeping on track for the brewing schedule
- Assist other brewers on daily tasks as required
- Support Cellar Operators and undertake cellar duties as required
- Free beer (yes, the rumours are true)
- Weekly BBQ
- Coffee machine for those late night shifts
- Awesome friendly crew
- Sweet merch
Having gained at least 3-5 years’ experience as a brewer, you also have a recognised brewing qualification – perhaps IBD or similar. In other words, you know your stuff and know that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to produce quality beer and everything in between. You immerse yourself in the beer world, and you’re happy to learn new things and embrace the Balter way.
I’m a good egg…how do I apply?
- Answer a few simple questions here on Seek.
- Do up a cover letter telling us why you’re great for the role and for Balter.
- Attach your resume.
Applications close 10am, Monday 18 January.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.