Website Heads of Noosa
About the role and the right person
This role does require basic experience in a commercial brewery, but it’s more about finding the right person to join the team. We’re looking for someone with team spirit, a great attitude and a genuine passion and pride for brewing and drinking top quality beer. The right person will become an integral member of our dedicated brewing and lab team, where they can showcase their passion for beer! Production brewing on a semi-automated BrauKon brew house while furthering their skills in sensory analysis for QA, QC and R&D of new beers. You’ll have the opportunity to further your education and skill set through a diploma in brewing.
We want this to be your career and your passion and for you to become part of our amazing team.
Key responsibilities of this role
- Brewing wort to recipe specifications
- Filtering beer
- Understanding and managing of fermentations (cellaring)
- Accurate documentation of brewing, maintenance, fermentation, cleaning, and filtering records
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment, brewhouse, yeast, fermentation vessels, filters, floors, drains, cellar equipment etc.
- QA, QC and R&D sensory sessions
- Brewing and input into Top-Secret R&D beers
- Input into the brewing schedule.
- Assist other brewers and Lab technicians on daily tasks as required.
Skills and attributes required
- Passion for beer
- Flexibility to work morning – night shifts and occasionally weekends.
- 24 months experience in a commercial brewery
- Team spirit, a good work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong learning and problem-solving ability
- A current Australian Forklift ticket would help.
- Any brewing qualifications or an ambition to obtain brewing qualifications would also help
Please title an email with ‘BREWER’ and send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.