Website Stone & Wood Brewing Co
Born and raised in Byron Bay, Stone & Wood takes a fresh approach to brewing beer that’s simply good to drink, and we are committed to brewing a sustainable business that the good people of the Northern Rivers can be proud of.
Through the support of our local communities Stone & Wood has continued to grow, distributing good beer both nationally and internationally into the hands of our drinkers.
The Brewery Mechanical Engineering role is responsible for supporting the brewery teams with engineering support, maintenance and improvements at the Murwillumbah facility. This role also has a role to play in supporting our other Fermentum entities and sites, and it’s important the right person for the role has previous experience in a similar role within a brewery of our size or larger.
- Prioritizing site safety and safety improvements
- Mechanical maintenance and improvements on our plant and equipment
- Sourcing of parts needed for the maintenance tasks, and planning the work in with the production teams
- Installation work on capital projects as required
- Monitoring and developing our SCADA system
- Working on key plant efficiency gains
- Coaching production teams, and sharing knowledge of our machines
- Constantly helping to evolve an understanding of our plant assets and how to maintain them
We’re looking for someone with very specific skills for this one, we’re on the hunt for someone with:
- Previous experience in a medium to large scale brewery –
- Experience working on specific brewery equipment. Including KHS Can and Keg fillers, Leibinger bottle filler, DME brewhouse and Fibreking packing equipment.
- A Certificate III in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with welding TIG + MIG
- Practical experience working in the packaging and production area of a beverage facility
- Practical working knowledge of specific production equipment
- Has proven experience working within a team
- A disciplined focus on safety
- Experience working alongside other Tradesman on site
- An understanding of the Stone & Wood values and culture
- Excellent supplier relationship skills and great at building partnerships
- The ability to prioritise work around a busy production schedule
- Great focus on improving assets
- Experience write SOPs for equipment use
- Training of operators on correct way to use equipment
This is a full-time role primarily based at our brewery in Murwillumbah.
Stone & Wood is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees.
If you want to join the crew, take a look through our website to get a feel for what’s important to us, then shoot through your resume and cover letter telling us how your values connect with ours and why this is the right role for you. Apply with the Work With Us tab on our website.
Applications close 13th November 2020.
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
To apply for this job please visit brewlife.peoplehr.net.