East Coast Canning
Do you have an interest in craft beer, a mechanical aptitude and a hands on attitude? We have the perfect role for you. East Coast Canning is a mobile beverage canning company that packages beer and other beverages Australia wide. We are currently seeking a dependable, hardworking individual to lead canning runs. This position offers hands-on training and growth opportunities for the right person.
Job type: Full-time
The Lead Canning Line Operator is responsible for all aspects of operating a canning line. This role requires you to:
- Master the ins and outs of operating a CODI canning line
- Troubleshooting beverage conditions and mechanical issues
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment
- Participating in, and enforcing quality control, efficiency, and accurate statistical tracking
- Preparing reports
- Following safe work procedures to safely and efficiently operate heavy packaging machinery
- Working closely with all client staff from owners to pack-off staff
We understand that you may never have seen a mobile canning line before, we are a relatively new company and are the first mobile canning operation in Australia. There are a lot of the duties you can learn on the job, however, we have discovered the following attributes are perfect for this role.
- Previous brewery or packaging experience
- People skills: this role requires working with a number of stakeholders in a constantly moving environment. Excellent people skills is important to smooth operations.
- Mechanical aptitude: Our machines have busy schedules and often need parts replaced, troubleshooting and work arounds while on site.
- Physical fitness: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination and endurance. It is a very physical role with long hours on your feet. Set up and pack-down require moving the canning line into place.
- Flexible schedule: Our clients sites are your workplace. This means that your week is entirely dependent on the schedule and can involve long days and overnight trips.
- Work ethic: we are proud of our work and our clients product and have found that a positive attitude and a keen attention to detail are vital for this role.
- We have found that this role is often well suited to those who have worked in packing roles.
- An interest in craft beer and knowledge in how it is made is very useful for this position.
- Understanding of production brewery equipment.
Work environments vary according to the job however the employee is frequently exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts
- Loud noise
Occasionally exposed to:
- High and low temperatures
- Small working areas
Physical demands include:
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations
- Ability to travel 4-5 days a week
- Overnights are expected
- Driver’s licence
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org