Website Gage Roads Brewing Co
About the business and the role
Gage Roads isn’t a road at all. It’s the strip of ocean separating the port city of Fremantle and Rottnest Island off the coast of WA.
It’s a home to seagulls and sharks; surfers and swimmers; ships and sailors.
A place where you can relax, explore, escape, or seek out adventure. We saw a lot of ourselves in this spot, so in 2005 we decided to name our brewery after it.
We setup shop in an old Meadow Lea margarine factory just outside Freo, and since then have grown to become the 6th largest craft beer brand in Australia, and you’ll find our beers in good liquor stores across the country.
Craft beer is all about flavour, and one of the most important parts of bringing someone into our world is trial. This where you come in.
The Events & Partnerships Manager’s primary role is to increase opportunities for trial and brand exposure through securing new partnerships (small and large), managing our involvement in beer-focused and related events, and developing and executing branded activations in Perth and Greater WA
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Develop partnerships with local influential galleries, creative spaces, and party throwers
- Seek partnerships with significant events (art, music and culture), maximising brand exposure and trial among key consumer demographics
- Identify important beer, wine, and food focused events (consumer and trade), and co-ordinate all aspects of our involvement in them
- Concept and execute branded activations in key markets, maximising brand exposure and trial among key trade and consumer demographics
- Manage all spending to assigned budget
Skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- An entrepreneurial mindset and self starter attitude
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Very good negotiating skills and the ability to be assertive when required
- Good work ethic and comfort in working autonomously
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated budget management skills
Not essential but highly regarded
- Degree qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Event Management, or related area
- Previous experience in the liquor industry
- A connection to the local arts, music, and creative scenes
Job benefits and perks
- Phone allowance, laptop, and car
- Plenty of beer to share with your pals
- A role in an industry that will truly make your friends and family jealous
Please e-mail your application by clicking the apply button below or, Mail your application to The Recruitment Manager, Gage Roads Brewing Co, Po Box 2024, Palmyra WA 6957
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.