Website Newstead Brewing Co.
Newstead Brewing Co is Brisbane’s largest Independent Brewery with operations in Newstead and Milton. We are a 100% family owned, award-winning brewery and a proud Brisbane company focussed on innovation, science, and creativity who plays a very active role in the Brisbane community in Arts, Sport and Education.
A position exists for an experienced brewer to join our Brewing team working primarily at our Milton brewery. This position will involve working across all aspects of our brewing operations including:
- Wort Production on a 4 vessel 5,000L DME Brewhouse
- Cellaring tasks (dry hopping, centrifugation, beer sampling and analysis, cleaning tanks)
- Sensory Analysis
- Operation of our CODI canning line
- Cleaning and maintaining a hygienic brewery
Newstead Brewing has a state-of-the-art production facility. Our equipment includes:
- 4 vessel 50HL DME Brewhouse
- Semi-automated brewhouse allowing creative input into the brewing process
- Alfa Laval centrifuge
- Yeast propagation tanks
- Comprehensive laboratory
- Bulk malt elevation system
- 100% stainless steel piped cellar
- Self-contained CIP system for automated cleaning
- CODI canning line with Fibre King automated case packer
- 2 head COMAC keg cleaner and filler
- Minimum of 2 years brewing experience preferably in a brewhouse with 50HL capacity or higher
- Must have brewing qualifications or be currently studying
- Flexibility with working hours between 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM Monday to Friday
- Good communication skills and ability to operate in a small team
- Strong work ethic and the right attitude to get the job completed
- The right to work in Australia
- Current forklift licence
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current RSA Statement of Attainment
Applications close Friday 30 October 2020.
Applicants can send their application to Luke Monks – Head Brewer at: [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.