Website Hop Products Australia
Hop Products Australia is Australia’s largest hop producer; growing, processing and packaging hops for customers around the world.
HPA is looking for a new full time Farm Manager to manage the day to day operations of 260 hectare hop farm, Bushy Park Estates located in the Derwent Valley, Tasmania.
The Farm Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of our 260 hectare Hop Farm, Bushy Park Estates, located in the Derwent Valley, Tasmania.
We are looking for an experienced people manager with hands on experience in growing and producing a crop.
You will coordinate and plan annual crop production activities, lead and provide direction to employees and build cooperative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include the planning and procurement of crop inputs and resources, overseeing harvest operations, managing farm assets and facilities, maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and providing leadership, direction and support to employees on farm. You will be as comfortable out in the paddock as you are in the office.
Required experience, skills & attributes:
- Strong experience in the agricultural industry, preferably in a farming environment.
- Crop production (we can teach you about hops!).
- Soil management, pest and disease management, irrigation, fertigation and harvesting.
- Management and leadership skills, highly organised and a good problem solver.
- A good understanding of Safety and Quality control systems in Agriculture.
- Competent user of Microsoft products.
- Qualifications in Agronomy/Horticulture desirable however not essential.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and negotiated with the successful applicant.
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] or to request the detailed Job Description contact Nick Leitch (HR Manager) on 0409 136 095.
Applications close Friday 24 August 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org