Website Tribe Breweries
About the business
We are Tribe Breweries – home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing in Australasia. Every day our team is focused on offering drinkers’ access to the finest beer products, and through our growing Tribe we seek to inspire and excite consumers about the craft beer revolution.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
The way we brew beer is critical to our success, and equally important is getting it into bottles and cans, packaged and sent to our thirsty customers. This new role based in Goulburn is accountable for all activities involved in getting the product we brew into the vessels they are consumed in. Our newest site is fitted out with state-of-the-art brewing and production equipment, with capacity to fill bottles and cans.
The role is full time, initially operating on a day shift roster plan although this is likely to change in accordance with production growth. It will be one of the first roles to start operating on the Goulburn site, and we are seeking an early January commencement date to allow our newest Tribe member to get acquainted with the site and be included in the planning of activities before we kick off full scale production.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Supervise and operate the filling line equipment in compliance with equipment instructions and company guidelines, to achieve defined production goals
- Visually inspect products and operations to ensure quality of products are meeting all defined standards, and trouble shoot as required with line operators and relevant site and company stakeholders
- Participate in site meetings with relevant roles to ensure production goals are met, supplies are available as required, and our people are well equipped and informed to meet the challenges of the manufacturing environment
- Create and oversee the plan for preventative maintenance, cleaning and associated tasks to ensure filling line equipment is maintained in good working order
- Play a proactive role in the promotion of a safe work environment regarding machine operations, manual handling and general factory safety, and implement corrective measures as required
- Write SOPs and conduct trainings on best practices for filling and production teams.
Benefits and perks
Our brand-new facility is nearing completion and will offer our team a safe and modern working environment. We offer some cool perks including flexibility with leave benefits and access to our excellent product range! In addition, you get to work with some super talented and passionate people who are all working toward one shared goal – to be the number one provider of craft beer in this country.
We are social, flexible and there is beer – it’s a great place to be!
Skills and experience:
This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced production line environment. The person who will be best suited for this position should be able to show us:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a role running high-speed filling and packaging machines – either bottle or can filling, but if you have both that would be highly valuable
- 1-2 years’ experience in a people leader role
- Mechanical aptitude to support preventative maintenance activities and trouble shoot to minimise production stoppages
- Technical experience in operating filling and packaging equipment, with ability to understand and interpret technical documents related to their operation
- A strong understanding of GMP, HACCP, and WHS frameworks within a food/beverage manufacturing facility
- Physical fitness to perform the role with strong manual handling guidelines knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to engage with site and company stakeholders in resolving issues, and innovating processes for our future growth
- Forklift licence is preferred but not essential
We welcome new Tribe members who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. Ability to think outside the square and be creative on the fly are skills that are highly valued and utilised here – if your happy place is a work environment that never changes and offers you same routine day in day out, this may not be the right role for you. If this all sounds like the place you want to be, get in touch and let us know what you can bring to our Tribe.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.