As Functions Manager, you will be responsible for attracting, booking, organising and running functions. In addition to this, you will also handle bookings in our busy brewpub.
This position would be suitable for someone with functions experience or significant restaurant experience as a manager or supervisor, previous experience in the events/hospitality industry is essential.
You will need to be highly motivated, able to work unsupervised, extremely organised and very well presented. You need to understand how a large multifaceted venue operates and be able to liaise with both front of house and kitchen to ensure functions and services run smoothly.
This is a full time, salaried role working 5 days per week over a 7-day roster. Night and weekend work will be required.
A generous salary is on offer with the chance to grow within the venue and the company.
Newstead Brewing Co was born in a 1940s steel warehouse on Doggett Street that was built by Skennars coaches.
A combination of bus and artistic flair ensures that our ‘spiritual home’ brewpub boasts a wonderfully tranquil vibe with lashings of industrial robustness.
A short jaunt across the city to Milton and you’ll find our production brewery and pub on Castlemaine Street with a more contemporary feel. Both venues offer a wide range food using locally sourced ingredients plus local wine and spirits that complement our hand-crafted ales and lagers.
We are committed to our community as much as we are to quality. Setting the bar high for ourselves with consistently well-produced beer is equally matched by our passion for supporting everything local; from the youth group down the road to our fantastic arts scene at the Brisbane Powerhouse to grassroots rugby in Queensland, it’s what we do.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and running our functions and events including weddings, corporate or social events
- Liaising with clients to coordinate all aspects of event from initial confirmation until conclusion of event itself
- Be actively involved in sales and marketing ideas and activities
- Driving continuous improvement in staff performance and productivity
- Working alongside the GM, Venue Manager and Head Chef to achieve the best possible results
- Providing a hands on approach to managing the floor
- Leading and motivate your team through experience and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge in functions, menu design and development
- Induction and training of all staff in delivering food to customers in a timely manner
- Monitor quality of service and oversee all aspects of running large team of staff
- Hitting set KPI’s for food/beverage and wages – these will be reviewed on a weekly/monthly basis
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.