Kegstar is an innovative asset pooling company that specialises in renting stainless steel kegs to the beverage industry. Kegstar was founded in 2012 to help fast-growing craft breweries to focus on getting their best product to market by taking the capital strain and logistics hassle of managing a keg fleet off their hands. What started as a good idea by one man in Sydney and one container of stainless-steel kegs, has evolved into a global business with operations in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, and the USA, with a dedicated global team of over 40 people and a fleet of over 400,000 kegs.
Kegstar is also leading the way in traceable assets, having developed its own proprietary software to track its fleet of kegs, reducing losses and providing invaluable data to its clients.
Late 2015, Brambles acquired Kegstar with the aim of leveraging Kegstar’s entrepreneurial spirit, agility and innovative business model to develop a new business line. This has enabled Kegstar to stay on the fast track, fueled by an incredible team, access to capital, a growing market and a market-leading technology platform.
Kegstar’s aim is to be the world’s number one global keg business, facilitating the movement of great beverages (beer, wine and others) around the world.
The ANZ business is based in Roseberry, Sydney and comprises a team of 14 people, including 6 direct Reports and a Country Manager based in Auckland, NZ. The business is growing at over 30% per annum and is generating strong profit and return on capital.
The GM is responsible for:
- Growing the demand and volume of rentals by attracting new customers, converting existing customers to preferred supplier agreements and attracting larger brewers as our penetration in the craft market continues to grow
- Identifying and expanding the business into new markets, including within the Asia Pacific Region
- Ensuring an engaging customer experience for existing, new and prospective clients
- Optimising the number of ‘keg turns’ per year, maximizing utilisation through the fast collection of empty kegs, effective fleet management, maintenance and balancing, both locally and abroad
- Minimising keg losses through high scanning rates and fast collections from venues
- Reducing the cost of the Keg supply chain (Warehousing, collection and transport)
- Leading and developing the highly capable and committed Kegstar Team, whilst upholding and building upon Kegstar’s unique culture.
Successful applicants will have:
- Considerable experience as a General Manager, including full P&L control, sales and marketing experience at an SME and Corporate level and extensive operations and supply chain management experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience within the beverage industry
- Knowledge of the Craft Beer industry would be very highly regarded
- Strong people leadership skills with a ‘servant leader’ mindset
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a structured approach to growing a high growth business within a larger corporate environment
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion please contact Craig Taplin at Momentis Group on +61 3 8844 4888 or to apply, please click the link below: https://momentis.breezy.hr/p/1655c0650535-general-manager-anz-kegstar.
To apply for this job please visit momentis.breezy.hr.