Website 4 Hearts Brewing Co.
4 Heart Brewing is expanding. Building on the success and rapid growth over the past 2 years, we are now expanding productions and additional premise operations, and for this reason looking for a highly experienced, commercially savvy Head Brewer.
Reporting to the General Manager the Head Brewer is hands-on, leading a team of well skilled and highly motivated brewers and will be responsible for the manufacturing operations.
Duties will include:
- Coordinating the entire production and packing operation of the business, with a focus on production planning, delivering on time and in accordance with agreed Brew Schedule, technical specifications, and quality requirements.
- Responsible for the formulation and production of the yearly brew schedule, production of the same, managing accurate stock levels of raw material
- In conjunction with the Off Premise Craft Beer specialist formulate an effective – efficient wholesale / distribution strategy
- Ensure the site is operating efficiently in line with strict safety and hygiene processes in place
- Manage Off site stock Levels (distributors, warehouse storage, etc.)
- Maximizing effectiveness of policies & procedures
- Delivering on quality and cost whilst driving a positive continuous improvement culture with lean principals in mind across the production site/s
- Develop and manage an equipment maintenance program and supervise all equipment repairs.
- Ensure full compliance with Workplace Health and Safety Legislation and company policies
To be successful in your application, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Well qualified with relevant Head / master Brewer certifications
- Previous experience in commercial brewing
- Currently working as a Head or Lead Brewer in Australia
- Lean Six Sigma or similar qualified an advantage
- Proven brew production coordination / supervision experience within a commercial brewery is essential.
- Technically minded with a hands-on and can-do approach
- Be well versed in Excel, CMS platforms, etc.
- Strong leader of people, someone capable of leading change and developing an excellent working culture and ability to maximize the team’s performance and contribution through clear direction.
- Excellent commercial acumen and ability to analyse data
- Proven track record in your capability to deliver efficiently and effectively while driving a culture of positivity, growth, and change.
- Excellent communication skills – capable of effectively communicating the production plan, targets, process & requirements.
- Have a sense of urgency and a can-do outlook.
The role is a permanent, with a very competitive Salary, dedicated car park and staff discount form part of the package on offer.
Excellent career progression opportunities as the business continues to grow.
If you have the right experience, have a passion for Brew production manufacturing process and craft beer, we want to speak with you.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.