Website The Southern Bay Brewery
The Southern Bay Brewery is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic brewer to run the operations of the brewery. The brewery is proudly based in Geelong, Victoria and commenced operations in 1988. As well as producing a range of our own award-winning beers and seasonal beers, we also provide a contract brewing and packaging service for other external customers.
The position requires a multi-skilled brewer that is ready to step up and take a leadership role in our business. We are interested in brewers with solid experience in a commercial brewery and not necessarily working as a head brewer at this stage.
We will consider applicants with a solid skill set, appropriate experiences, and can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of brewing, packing and operations. This is a pivotal role in the brewery and you will be assisting the management team with the direction of the business. A highly motivated and enthusiastic person is required to guide, mentor and direct a young team of brewers and packing staff.
You will have a great opportunity to develop in a unique brewing environment and have influence over operations and how you will achieve the business objectives and your own personal goals.
We require a brewer with passion and integrity to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
To be successful with your job application you are required to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for the Australian craft beer industry.
- At least 5 years brewing experience in a small to medium sized brewery and
- Tertiary qualifications in brewing sciences are desirable.
- Experience with quality programs, keeping the products up to specification,
safe and hygienic.
- Good time management and experience with planning workloads and
ensuring that all ingredients and packing materials are obtained on time and
- A great people person with experience in managing, mentoring and directing
- Experience with the development and application of safety standards and
procedures in a manufacturing operation.
- Ability to negotiate with ingredient suppliers and formulate long term
- Solid mechanical and electrical understanding with an ability to work with and
direct maintenance contractors.
- Innovative approach to the development of new recipes and the improvement
of existing recipes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability.
An excellent salary package including a fully maintained motor vehicle will be offered to the right person with a sound mix of skills, experience and capability.
If you would like to join us, please forward your application and CV to [email protected] by close of business Monday the 19th of November. For any phone enquiries or further information please phone 03 5248 5710.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.