Website Bright Brewery
Bright Brewery is seeking an experienced Head Brewer to join our team. We are looking for an expert in commercial brewing, quality control and new product development.
Bright Brewery has an award-winning core range and eclectic portfolio of seasonal beers. We are continually looking to innovate our product offering with particular focus currently for further development and stewardship of our barrel aged and sour beer range.
The Head Brewer at Bright Brewery is a consummate professional who oversees all aspects of the brewing process for a wide variety of beer styles. We are looking for a forward thinking, logical, commercially minded individual who is able to solve problems as they arise.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Head Brewer will be accountable for all aspects of production including scheduling, efficiency, quality control, budgets, safety, new product development, cellar duties, packaging operations and logistics. The Head Brewer will also lead a small but growing team of brewers and production staff.
- Be accountable for safety of staff and customers
- Plan, schedule and implement the brewing and packaging of the core range and specialty beers to ensure stock of products is on hand to meet expected demand
- Ensure Bright Brewery’s products meet the highest quality standards
- Continually refine the core range and deliver programmes of seasonal beers including expanding our barrel aged and sour beer range
- Work with other teams to ensure Bright Brewery beer arrives with customers in great condition
- Be accountable for achieving cost targets and expense budgets as agreed
- Manage brewing and packaging staff
- Act as an ambassador for Bright Brewery
Skills and Experience Required:
Bright Brewery’s new production brewery
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a commercial brewing environment and have passed the IBD Diploma in Brewing or a similar brewing qualification.
Working at Bright Brewery:
This is a full-time permanent position that will involve after hours, weekend work and public holidays on some occasions.
A competitive remuneration package is offered for the right applicant, including:
- Salary and discretionary performance related bonus
- Good work life balance – we formally target an average working week of 38.5 hours over 12 months
- Training and support. Team members are strongly encouraged to undertake professional development
In addition, Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff, including quarterly and annual reward schemes to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed. All staff are supported with training and advancement opportunities.
Bright Brewery is the Alpine Shire Business of the Year winner and a 2017 & 2018 Victorian Tourism Awards Gold winner.
The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this. Short term accommodation help may be available.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing [email protected]
Applications can be made confidentially by sending resume with a cover letter via email to: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.