Website Stomping Ground
GREAT BEER – it’s at the core of everything we do. We love great beer. We love making it. We love sharing it. And of course, we love drinking it! Beer beer beer beer.
Having launched almost three years ago, Stomping Ground Brewing Co, has brought brewing back to its original stomping ground of Collingwood, Melbourne. We are extremely passionate about beer and hospitality and are exceedingly proud of the growth and progress we have made so far. We have made waves in the local market with our core range beers and seasonal releases and continue to provide exceptional experiences within our two hospitality venues, with further ones planned, and in high profile pop up activations and community events – big and small – around Melbourne. We are now ready to take the next step in our growth and are looking for the right person who will take our business to the next level.
That’s where you come in…
We’re looking for a passionate overachiever to join our growing head office team to share our love of great beer with our community and beyond. We need a strong business minded professional who will take on the responsibility for providing direction, guidance and leadership to the marketing department to ensure that it is meets the organisation’s strategic goals whilst building brand awareness and positioning. We want someone to really own this position and be responsible for the planning and execution of all marketing strategy, budget and activities. Someone tech savvy with a creative eye yet a focus on business acumen. Someone that excels in stakeholder management whilst being nimble and respectful of all ideas.
What you’ll DO…
- As mentioned, oversee creation and execution of marketing plans, brand book implementation and all marketing campaigns – in line with the company’s overall strategic plan.
- Responsible for advising on, developing and managing the marketing budget.
- Show strong leadership qualities and team guidance, through managing the workload and results of the entire marketing team
- Use your extensive digital marketing experience – including knowledge of growing digital audiences through core acquisition channels to create social media strategy to inform team on execution. Work collaboratively with the Head of Sales to align the marketing and sales strategies. Working with sales department to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Researching demand for our products and services. Competitor research and market analysis. Identifying potential customers.
- Detailed audience analysis, reporting and analytics of campaigns, including to board level
If you’re really The One you’ll also be very professional and have a proactive work ethic. Overachievers is an understatement for our team. We need a leader that values inclusion and diversity and you will have a balance between leading your team in their own professional development and being open to learning yourself. The ability to navigate our wide audience is a must – from knowing the difference between a Belgian IPA and a barrel aged sour Saison to understanding how to market our Pale Ale to the masses. All this would involve attending events and beer festivals throughout the year, to taste the beers and meet the people – someone has to do it!
Above all else you’ll be resourceful and innovative with big business aspirations on a small business budget, we rarely work with external agencies so being creative and understanding of internal talent is essential.
- Executive with 10+ years in a similar role that reports directly to CEO
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Strong understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Effective time management skills when handling multiple campaigns at one time
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing.
- Experience in beverage or FMCG industry will really place you above the rest
Whilst our brewery hasn’t been around for long, we have, and we live and breathe our passion for this industry. We want our company values to be reflected in the opportunities and growth we aim to provide for each employee. To reflect this we are looking for someone who respects equality in everything they do, strives for better sustainability practices, and positively adds to our culture.
We anticipate strong interest in this position. Candidates are required to have at least 10 years experience in a similar role including team management and an above average work ethic. The standout candidate will have the innovative instinct to market themselves to us.
Applications close 19th April 2019 applications through Seek only. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.