Website Mighty Hunter Valley
Mighty Craft is on a mission to create the world’s strongest craft collective.
We have the mightiest collection of craft. A range to satisfy every mood, occasion, and experience. A unique taste of place. We’ve found and pulled together the craft gold; unique beer, spirits and ready to serve beverages created by current and future legends of the industry. The hidden gems, local legends, the real deals, the undiscovered and rising stars. We’ve curated the stuff the world is craving.
We are supporting passionate local Australian makers and founders and helping them to grow. Our family of partners include Jetty Road Brewery, K-Booch Alcoholic Kombucha, Nosh Spritz, Sparkke Beverage Co, Sauce Brewing Co, Ballistic Beer Co, Slipstream Brewing Co, Foghorn Brewery, Green Ant Beverages, Kangaroo Island Spirits and Brogans Way.
About the role
Situated in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region, The Mighty Hunter Valley showcases our local craft makers, building a community from near and far to celebrate all that the world of craft has to offer. With a focus on experience and welcoming more people into our world, the venue is open 7 days for lunch and dinner with a 700 pax capacity set over a public bar, bistro, lounge, beer garden, lawn, and functions venue.
We are seeking a passionate, hands on and highly experienced Hospitality General Manager. You will be responsible for creating and delivering a world class, modern hospitality experience and building a community behind our brands.
If you love craft drinks and sharing that love with others, then this is the role for you.
- Create a cohesive and united vision for Mighty Hunter Valley
- Foster a culture of customer engagement, retention and strong loyalty by leading innovative and targeted initiatives, which maintains venue popularity year-round
- Development and operations of Mighty Hunter Valley including, front of house management, overseeing kitchen operations with the Head Chef, financial management, team leadership, and stakeholder and customer relations
- Continually, recruit, induct and train a passionate Front of House and Kitchen team
- Manage food, beverage, and labor costs in relation to revenue and implement strategies to achieve business targets
- Working with the marketing and functions team to develop and execute a calendar of functions and events, always representing and promoting the Mighty Craft brands
- Engage all internal and external stakeholders – staff, contractors, suppliers, invoicing to ensure all operations are delivered to exact specification
- Ensure rigorous adherence to compliance and safety standards for staff and customer
Skills and experience:
- A passionate hands-on leader and enthusiastic craft drinks lover
Previous experience as a general manager in a Pub or Hotel environment
- A solid understanding of the financial aspects of running a successful venue including food & beverage costing and stock control
- The ability to operate a venue and function spaces simultaneously with KPI’s, wage and beverage cost management
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks
Financial acumen with regard to forecasting and operations management
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship skills
Ability to motivate and lead the team by example and to build a strong and productive team
- Impeccable presentation and hygiene standards
Flexible availability to suit business needs
- NSW RSA and Approved manager – Approved manager an advantage
- Permanent visa holders and Australian resident’s welcome
- Bucket loads of energy, enthusiasm and positivity
We offer an attractive salary package and multiple staff benefits across the Mighty Craft group.
If you want to thrive in your job and want further career development opportunities within a growing dynamic group, this is the right move for you. Please send through your resume with an accompanying cover letter using the Apply link
To apply for this job please visit mightycraft.bamboohr.com.