Website Institute of Beer
Leaders in Beer Education and Consulting
General/Business Development Manager
- Full or part-time
- $60k year (FTE) + profit share
- Sydney or Melbourne based
The Institute of Beer is a leading beer education provider in Australia and New Zealand. It provides world class education in beer as well as being the only independent agent for Cicerone® anywhere in the world.
We are looking for an individual with a rare passion for all things beer education to drive business growth and ensure IOB continues to make its mark in the exciting and developing world of beer education. The opportunities to build on a successful three years of revenue and profit growth are significant in an industry hungry for education and knowledge accreditation.
From the largest national breweries to the smallest nano-breweries and from highly experience beer aficionados to the burgeoning beer lover, IOB sees its role as developing and certifying knowledge and understanding in both consumers and retailers.
We expect the successful applicant will most likely come from a sales and marketing role in beer or a closely allied industry, will hopefully be Cicerone accredited, and will be a hugely motivated self-starter.
The right person for this role will be excited at the prospect of creating their own destiny whilst playing a key role in the development and strengthening of the beer industry. The role offers a very high degree of autonomy, but routine reporting and adherence to KPI’s will be a matter of course.
Working closely with the board, the new GM will be tasked with the following:
- Become the face of IOB and engage with industry, retailers and knowledge hungry beer drinkers everywhere.
- Coordinate and develop training staff nationally.
- Coordinate training calendars and Cicerone exam schedule.
- Develop revenue streams using direct marketing and social media savvy.
- Run training and study groups where skills and time allows
- Look after general administration as required including invoicing, order fulfillment and website updates.
If the thought of developing a beer education business and reaping the rewards gets you excited. Please forward your CV and a brief covering letter to [email protected] or if you would like to have a conversation about the role prior, please call either Neal Cameron on 0407 884019, or David Phillips on 0404 848 054.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.