Website 4 Pines Brewing Company
Born in Manly, with a commercial brewery just a few minutes down the road, 4 Pines has been kicking around the craft beer scene for over 10 years.
From what was a little brewpub down by the water, our beers are available nationally and we’re making ripples in the export market.
Above all we value craftsmanship, community, integrity and authenticity whilst bringing great beers to our customers and celebrating the fun and diversity of beer. As an employer, we’re devoted to developing great staff and setting them up for a long career in brewing, whether within our global AB-InBev network or elsewhere.
We’re searching for a passionate and like-minded individual to join us in the role of Laboratory Assistant at our commercial facility in Brookvale. We’re after enthusiastic individuals who believe in our core values and are keen to be positive contributors to our diverse and talented Brewing Team. Could it be you?
- Utilize and maintain specialized equipment to perform physical and chemical analyses (Alcohol content, gas content, flavour and appearance components)
- Data entry and ability to use data to identify trends in product quality parameters.
- General laboratory housekeeping and stock control of lab consumables
- Conduct microbiological testing and analysis of beers throughout the production process.
- Organise and send samples for analysis at external laboratories
- Organise and run weekly sensory tastings
- Assist brewing and packaging staff with QC checks
- Manage library stock
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Data Sheets and other key documentation
- Communicate and work effectively with all departments of the company
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work safely in a lab and brewery environment
- Very strong attention to detail
- Familiar with general laboratory instruments and techniques (e.g. pH meter, microscope, spectrophotometer, centrifuge, aseptic techniques, pipetting, etc.)
- Familiar with manufacturing and laboratory documentation practices
- Good time management skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer applications (Office etc.)
- Ability to write a standard operating procedure
- Experience in a commercial brewing laboratory highly regarded
- Formal Science and/or Quality Control qualifications highly regarded
- Familiarity with brewing processes
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by 14/4/19. Position and salary will be determined based on incoming experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.