Website Balter Brewing Company
About the business
More than just a name, BALTER is the sense of enjoyment you get from doing something you love, just for the thrill of it.
The cool thing is this enjoyment can be found anywhere. You could be winning world titles, or simply feeling triumphant because you’ve navigated the mind bend of putting an Ikea shelf together. It’s purest origins can be found at the end of a good day’s work when you sit back, sip on an epic beer and go… aaaah!
At Balter, we’re all about celebrating that enjoyment with you, because beer is more than just a drink: it draws tribes together and is a companion to many great moments in life.
About the role
You will be providing analytical chemistry and microbiology support to the broader Balter team. This will involve the management and testing of beverages and in-process samples from across the brewery.
- Adhere to quality related SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and work to further improve and develop methods for testing
- Ensure all necessary quality and production related SOPs are developed and kept up to date
- Perform and record routine analytical, microbiological and hygiene testing on:
- production plant and equipment
- products throughput all stages of the production process
- Perform instrument calibrations and ensure maintenance/service is completed to schedule
- Assist in stocktake and ordering of laboratory and production consumables
- Assist with investigation of trade complaints in relation to packaged beer quality
- Develop, maintain & accurately record quality reports as necessary
- Ensure product reference stock is collected, maintained and organised
- Maintain a clean, professional and organised laboratory environment
Skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in science, chemistry, process engineering or a related discipline
- Experience as an analytical chemist, laboratory technician or a similar role, preferably within the food and beverage industry
- Strong industry knowledge, contacts and experience in ‘the scene’
- Proficient in EDV (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.