Website Bright Brewery
About the business
Bright Brewery was born in 2005 from a passion for well-made beer, a love for the town of Bright and its pristine alpine environment, and the adventurous outdoors lifestyle that the High Country provides.
We are driven by our values to be authentic and sustainable in all that we do, and to embrace active lifestyles, celebrated with great beer.
As a micro brewery, we are able to make more specialised beers using natural ingredients. We are able to have fun experimenting with different flavours. We are particularly lucky in Bright as we have pristine mountain water and are located in a valley renowned for its hop growing. All this adds up to being able to make great beer.
Bright Brewery is an award winning and proudly independent brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCraftedTM beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria.
We’re a vibrant, growing and award winning business that values the authenticity of our products, services and people, with a sustainable future for all.
We recently completed a multi-million dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and we’re now in a position to further grow our brand and wholesale business.
About the role
This role supports the Head Brewer and the Sales team to ensure the right stock and equipment are in the right place at the right time. The person holding the role of Logistics Coordinator is responsible for receipting goods inward, storage, order picking, internal and external deliveries and collections.
This role reports to the Head Brewer.
- ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times
- be accountable for safety of staff and customers, including incident reporting
- be accountable for up to date OH&S practices and regulations
- ensure general maintenance of equipment is regularly undertaken as required and equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- adhere to company policies including any SOPs and the Smoke Free Policy
- take part in regular safety audits and follow up
- process goods inward and outward
- keeping accurate records
- accurately pick stock based on orders
- display excellent customer service and awareness at all times
- assist in the management of desired stock levels
- resolve logistics enquiries and issues promptly and accurately
- move stock between production facilities, warehouses and venue(s)
undertake local deliveries
- monitor and order supplies – ensure that sufficient supplies of stock are available at all times and stock is sold before use-by dates expire
- check stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce wastage
- ensure security of stock and that all stock is financially accounted for
- monitor and record any wastage or breakages
- ensure adherence to stock control procedures – weekly stock take
- preparation, maintenance, cleaning and pack down of events equipment
- picking and loading of events stock
Other duties as directed, plus attending staff meetings and all training sessions as directed by senior management.
- Hours include weekend work, evenings and public holidays.
- Base salary based on performance and training completed as per employment contract.
Benefits and perks
- This is a new position and will be based at Bright Brewery in Bright, Victoria.
- Bright Brewery is a family-friendly employer and will consider flexible working arrangement proposals.
- Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff, including quarterly and annual reward schemes to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed. All staff are supported with training and advancement opportunities.
- Bright Brewery is the Alpine Shire Business of the Year and Excellence In Hospitality Award winner, as well as 2017 and 2018 Victorian Tourism Awards Gold Award winner. The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
- This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in similar role with strong skills in management & stock control
- Demonstrated skills in high standards in customer service
- Be 25 year of age or over (insurance purposes)
- Hold current forklift certificate
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to design and document operating systems and procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Current RSA
- Ability to make work fun
- An understanding of craft beer scene
Please send a CV and Cover Letter addressing the Skills Required and your experience in relation to this role to Head Brewer Richard Chamberlin [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.