Matilda Bay Brewing Co
The Marketing Manager role is a newly created position. The role will be responsible for the end to end marketing of the Matilda Bay brand and the newly established brewery and pub, in Victoria’s Yarra Valley. It will focus upon generating broad awareness and driving product trial and ongoing sales. The role will report to the Founder and CEO of Matilda Bay, Phil Sexton.
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Management of Matilda Bay’s social media accounts including strategy, content development and community management (Facebook, Instagram)
- Develop trade marketing programs and materials to drive sales.
- Develop the sponsorship and events strategy and deliver an agreed calendar of events
- Leading the annual brand planning process and review monthly commercial performance.
- Managing the annual marketing budget
- ..and far from least, joint cultural cheerleader as we build a team of passionate and committed brewer/sales people
The Matilda Bay brewery and pub is being built on the site currently occupied by Giant Steps winery and restaurant (which is relocating). Construction has commenced and the brewery is expected to be operational by the end of the year.
The brewery is beautifully positioned in Healesville in the Yarra Valley, an hour east of Melbourne, and will have a pub attached. It will be built and operated around sustainability self-reporting (publicly) and will exclusively develop and brew a new Matilda Bay range and some Matilda Bay classics such as Redback and Dogbolter.
You are an energetic, hands-on go-getter, seeking a new and exciting challenge. You will enjoy being part of the Yarra Valley community and have a passion for the hospitality industry.
If building a new business from the ground up gets you excited, then help us create the next chapter of the Matilda Bay story. You bring…
- 3-5 years Social Media Marketing experience
- A degree (or equivalent) in Marketing / Business / Hospitality
- A background in trade marketing, events or hospitality
- Enjoys working in a start- up environment, and love working in a team
- Passion for quality Food & Beverage
- The ability to use design programs such as Adobe would be an advantage
About Matilda Bay
Matilda Bay is Australia’s original craft brewery, founded in Fremantle in 1983 by ex-Swan brewer Phil Sexton and friends.
The first beers were brewed in a micro-brewery installed inside the Sail & Anchor Hotel.
In 1986, Matilda Bay launched Australia’s first wheat beer, Redback Original, and over many years the stable grew to include iconic and award winning craft beers such as Dogbolter Dark Lager, Alpha Pale Ale, Bohemian Pilsner, and the quirky Beez Neez.
The brewery is as well travelled as its founders, based initially in Fremantle, before moving across the country and now calling Victoria’s pristine Yarra Valley, home.
Matilda Bay lit the match for Australian beer drinkers, and the flame burns stronger by the day, laying the foundation for all to follow, in what has become a thriving and globally admired craft beer scene.
Please note: No unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.