Website Gage Roads Brew Co.
About the business
Good Drinks Australia is one of the country’s largest independent brewers. Home to several leading beer and drink brands, the Good Drinks family includes Gage Roads Brew Co, Matso’s Broome Brewery, Atomic Beer Project, Alby, Hello Sunshine and San Miguel.
It all started in 2005 with Gage Roads, which has grown to become one of Australia’s largest craft brewers. Named after the strip of ocean separating the port city of Fremantle and Rottnest Island off WA’s coast, we saw a lot of ourselves in this spot. So we decided to name our brewery after it. It’s a home to seagulls and sharks; surfers and swimmers; ships and sailors. A place where you can relax, explore, escape, or seek out adventure.
In 2018, we purchased Matso’s Broome Brewery and launched our West Australian contemporary lager brand Alby. Most recently we brought to life our newest brand, Atomic Beer Project with a venue in Sydney. With these new brands in the stable, we created Good Drinks, to represent our independent Australian drinks company and our family of brands. Now you’ll find our growing portfolio of award-winning drinks in quality liquor stores, bars & restaurants across the country.
About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will show an interest in contributing to all aspects of the business and will be responsible for brew house and packaging lines, repairing breakdowns, installation of new equipment and building maintenance.
Gage Roads Brewing is experiencing exceptional brand growth and requires an experienced mechanical tradesperson to assist the maintenance team carryout preventative maintenance and repairs to a large variety of brewing and packaging machines at the end of the week.
This is a fulltime role to support the maintenance team in carrying out repairs and maintenance on a Friday, Saturday, and some Sundays if workload necessitates. A half day Monday may be required to do a handover/lodge paperwork and assist the maintenance team if/where needed.
Benefits and perks
- Plenty of beer to share with your mates.
Skills and experience
Essential for selection of the successful applicant:
- An outgoing personality and professional attitude
- Experience in an automated industrial environment
- Good fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in pumps and machine maintenance
- Good welding skills, stainless steel TIG
- Passionate about your work with an eye for detail
- Willing and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work with minimal supervision
The following attributes will be an advantage for the selection of the successful applicant:
- Experience in FMCG production environment
- Strong computer skills in Office Suite
- A restricted electrical license would be highly regarded
- Experience using a computerised maintenance package (CMMS)
- Min 5-year post trade preferred
- Preferred 25 min travel from residence to Palmyra Plant – due to operational requirements.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.