Website Tribe Breweries
About the business
We are Tribe Breweries – home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing in Australia. Every day our team is focused on offering drinkers’ access to the finest beer products, and through our growing Tribe we seek to inspire and excite consumers about the craft beer revolution.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
Our newest and largest site in Goulburn is fitted out with state-of-the-art brewing and production equipment, with capacity to fill bottles and cans. The role is full time, initially operating on a day shift roster plan although this is likely to change in accordance with production growth.
The successful new Tribe member that takes this opportunity will ideally have experience within the food and beverage industry. You must be highly capable and possess more than just the required technical skills – we run a high energy, fast paced work environment and you need to be quick on your feet and in your problem solving ability to proactively support manufacturing activities across the site.
The responsibilities of a Mechanical Fitter include:
- Preventative maintenance and servicing of all Production and Packaging equipment;
- Fault finding, working alongside our operators;
- Repair or replacement of production or packaging machinery parts to mitigate down time;
- Implementation of various maintenance projects as required;
- General Machining – lathe, TIG and MIG welding;
- Supporting best practice WHS initiatives towards the goal of zero accidents.
Benefits and perks
Our brand-new facility is nearing completion and will offer our team a safe and modern working environment. We offer some cool perks including flexibility with leave benefits and access to our excellent product range! In addition, you get to work with some super talented and passionate people who are all working toward one shared goal – to be the number one independent brewer in this country.
We are social, flexible and there is beer – it’s a great place to be!
Skills and experience
This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The person who will be best suited for this position should be able to show us:
- Minimum Mechanical Engineering Cert 3;
- Boilermaker certificate;
- Stainless steel hygienic welding ticket;
- At least 2 Years’ experience with packing/bottling lines, pumps, motors and gearboxes, tanks and vessels;
- GMP awareness and knowledge of HACCP;
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights;
- A good working knowledge and understanding of WHS standards;
- Flexibility in hours to be able to work overtime, including occasional weekends;
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and work collaboratively with team leaders and site management;
- Possession of valid forklift and drivers’ licenses;
- Electrical & Automation experience and skills would be highly advantageous – but not essential.
We welcome new Tribe members who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. If this sounds like the place you want to be, get in touch and let us know what you can bring to our Tribe and why we should choose you.
Please Note that you must be an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or NZ Citizen to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.