Website East Coast Canning
About the business and the role
East Coast Canning is Australia’s mobile canning solution.
Our team is everything to us, and we want you to be a part of it if you think your attitude and experience collide with ours!
Our Vision is to Create Inspiring Experiences in Cans.
We are aiming to be the number 1 Mobile Canning operation in the world, and to do that we look for people that can uphold our company values every single day. The things we value the most:
- Act in the now, with a view to the future
- Authenticity and professionalism
- Positivity, optimism, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Team first – act in the interests of the team
- Open communication
We want you to fully relate to our Vision and values and understand the impact that a perfectly presented and crafted beverage can have within specific moments in peoples lives. We help to achieve this in partnership with our customers! PLEASE ENSURE you write us a cover letter and explain how you think you fit with this Vision and our values.
We are a rapidly expanding company meaning opportunities exist to advance and become an integral member of our growing team. That said, we are first and foremost a family owned business that values quality and service above all.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and fun person to fulfil support duties as a Line Operator, creating an excellent experience for our customers and their end consumers.
This role is perfect for someone with previous engineering, science, or packaging experience. If you possess the ability to pay close attention to details and learn quickly on the job, we want to hear from you.
The successful applicant will be expected to travel often as we are a mobile service. The role is primarily located in NSW, however Other projects further afield are to be expected occasionally.
We are happy to talk to candidates regardless of the number of working hours they desire. Put an awesome application in and lets chat!
Finally – to re-iterate – we LOVE cover letters. Please write us a note to explain who you are, and why you want to be a part of the East Coast Canning family
Roles and responsibilities
The Line Operator is responsible for all aspects of operating a canning line. This role requires you to:
- Master the ins and outs of operating a CODI canning line
- Troubleshooting beverage conditions and mechanical issues
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment
- Participating in, and Enforcing quality control, efficiency, and accurate statistical tracking
- Preparing reports
- Following safe work procedures to safely and efficiently operate heavy packaging machinery
- Working closely with all client staff from owners to pack-off staff
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience
We understand that you may never have seen a mobile canning line before, we are a relatively new company and are the first mobile canning operation in Australia. There are a lot of the duties you can learn on the job, however, we have discovered the following attributes are perfect for this role.
- Previous brewery or packaging experience
- People skills: this role requires working with a number of stakeholders in a constantly moving environment. Excellent people skills is important to smooth operations.
- Mechanical aptitude: Our machines have busy schedules and often need parts replaced, troubleshooting and work arounds while on site.
- Physical fitness: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination and endurance. It is a very physical role with long hours on your feet. Set up and pack-down require moving the canning line into place.
- Flexible schedule: Our clients sites are your workplace. This means that your week is entirely dependant on the schedule and can involve long days and overnight trips.
- Work ethic: we are proud of our work and our clients product and have found that a positive attitude and a keen attention to detail are vital for this role.
- We have found that this role is often well suited to those who have worked in packaging roles.
- An interest in craft beer and knowledge in how it is made is very useful for this position.
- Understanding of production brewery equipment.
Work environments vary according to the job however the employee is frequently exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts
- Loud noise
Occasionally exposed to:
- High and low temperatures
- Small working areas
Physical demands include:
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations
- Ability to travel 4-5 days a week
- Overnights are expected
- Driver’s licence
- $25 – $34.99 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.