Website East Coast Canning
About the business and the role
East Coast Canning is Australia’s mobile canning solution.
Our team is everything to us, and we want you to be a part of it if you think your attitude and experience collide with ours!
Our Vision is to Create Inspiring Experiences in Cans.
We want you to fully relate to our Vision and understand the impact that a perfectly presented and crafted beverage can have within specific moments in peoples lives. We help to achieve this in partnership with our customers!
We are a rapidly expanding company, meaning opportunities exist to advance and become an integral member of our growing team. That said, we are first and foremost a family owned business that values quality and service above all.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and fun person to fulfil support duties as a packaging line assistant with potential to begin training to operate the canning line as a whole, ensuring the quality of our service and creating an excellent experience for our customers. You will support the Line Operator/Territory Team Leader in expanding the ECC mobile business within the territory.
This role is perfect for someone with a science/engineering background looking for change, packaging experience, brewing knowledge/experience or if you have the ability to work with complex machinery. All that said, we are happy to talk to anyone with a strong work ethic and passion.
The successful applicant will be expected to travel often as we are a mobile service. Primarily in NSW although other projects further afield are to be expected occasionally.
We are happy to talk to candidates regardless of the number of working hours they desire. Put an awesome application in and lets chat!
Finally – we LOVE cover letters. Please write us a note to explain who you are, and why you want to be a part of the East Coast Canning family
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist by any means necessary in daily operation of the mobile canning line as directed by the Line Operator.
- Safe and efficient loading/unloading of equipment.
- Awareness of, and adherence to all company and onsite SOP’s, OH&S, and QA/QC practices.
- Support Line Operator with setup and line preparation activities.
- Assist the smooth and continual operation of the line whilst filling eg loading empty cans.
- Support all troubleshooting and line maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with all staff employed by the customer.
- Maintain a positive and exceptional experience for our customers.
- Be ready to learn and expand your skills as the position develops and as the business expands.
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills are required above all else.
- A customer focussed, ‘can do’ attitude is essential for us to serve our customers.
- Care, attention to detail and the needs of our customers. Respect for the fact we are on their turf, packaging the precious products they toil endlessly to produce.
- You will sometimes work long hours, but also have time off. Flexibility is key to this role in the early days.
- You will need a calm and friendly demeanour, and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Patience and focus during sometimes long and repetitive working days. We aim to create a safe but fun working environment so that we take the pain out of packaging for our customers.
- A strong work ethic will be rewarded with ‘fast-track’ training with a view to increased responsibility in a Line Operator role and beyond!
- A background in Science or Engineering is desirable but not essential. You will be required to take an active part in the troubleshooting and problem solving process.
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment is an advantage. Particularly packaging of carbonated beverages and/or the beer, cider, wine manufacturing industries.
- Individuals with engineering or trade backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
- Some experience or passion for brewing and/or craft beer would help.
- Responsibility around alcohol is key. We work hard and play hard but knowing when it’s appropriate is critical.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.