Reporting to the Managing Director / Head Brewer you will be responsible for leading the production of all BentSpoke Brewing Co Cannery products. BentSpoke Brewing Co presently has two sites, the Brewpub and the Cannery (Production Brewery).
BentSpoke is going through an exciting growth phase with penetration and sales outside of Canberra continuing a solid growth ramp. In addition to growth, BentSpoke has won numerous awards for its high quality products at the International Brewing Awards in Burton on Trent, AIBA and the Australian Craft Beer Awards. Exciting partnerships with Singapore Airlines and into the Asian market add to the attractiveness of this position with BentSpoke Brewing Co.
Responsibilities will include those typically expected of a production manager including brewing, cellaring, packaging, cleaning, laboratory, logistics management and limited HR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain key Internal and External Relationships
- Liaise closely with the Head Brewer and Head of Sales and Marketing to ensure production is in-line with current goals and demand
- Lead, motivate and build effective team relationships as the brewing team grows
- Ensure professional relationships are maintained with key suppliers of brewing ingredients, packaging materials, chemicals, external laboratory testing services, engineering, repairs and maintenance providers
- Manage the Brewing and Packaging of all BentSpoke Cannery products
- Effectively lead the brewery and packaging teams
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures and Occupational Health and Safety procedures and ensure they are strictly followed
- Ensure product quality and consistency
- Ensure production output to plan
- Ensure raw materials are available for production
- Ensure brewing efficiency targets are achieved
- Ensure continuous product process improvement
- Manage brewery logistics requirements to meet sales objectives
- Ensure strong general house-keeping practices are maintained
- Maintain Brewery Record Management ensuring accurate records are kept for brewing, packaging, raw materials, work in process, finished goods and excise records
- Manage Brewery Maintenance ensuring preventative maintenance of all plant and equipment is performed and records are kept for break downs, services, and all work carried out
- Management of brewing at the Brewpub from time to time as required
- Assist in the Sales and Marketing of BentSpoke Brewing Co as directed.
In addition, you may be required to perform such duties as the Managing Director reasonably requests from time to time.
The following attributes are expected:
- Passion for Craft Beer
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Tertiary Brewing Qualifications
- 5 years previous experience in all aspects of brewing and packaging
- Experience in leading and directing a brewing and packaging team
- Exceptional customer service focus at all times
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Sound communication skills.
The following personal qualities exemplify BentSpoke’s values and displaying these values represents an important part of the role:
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Leadership and initiative
- Professionalism and respect in the discharge or duties and in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
An attractive salary (commensurate with experience) and incentives package will be offered to the successful candidate, including:
- An annual allowance for ongoing education relevant to the position
- Relocation allowance for interstate applicant
- Beer! For personal consumption and building product knowledge
Please submit all applications including a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for BentSpoke Brewing Company and what you feel you can contribute to the team to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org