Website Brick Lane Brewing Co
Brick Lane Brewing Co is recruiting the operations team for its new world-class brewery in Dandenong South, Melbourne. We have invested in a purpose-built building which houses world class brewing and packaging equipment.
We’ve got the gear, now we’re ready for the team to join us on the journey.
You will be joining a group with deep experience in the brewing industry and backed by an eclectic group of supporters across beer, wine, hospitality, sports and media.
Production brewers will be involved in all aspects of brewing operations, working in autonomous and multifunctional teams operating across wort production, cellars and filtration and packaging operations. You will be involved in one of the most exciting and challenging tasks in a brewer’s career – setting up and commissioning a greenfield brewery.
You’ll operate a 50hl 5-vessel Braukon Brewhouse and manage wort production from raw materials intake through to cold wort. Cold block operations including centrifugation, crossflow filtration, yeast propagation, fermentation and maturation management, dry hopping and carbonation. At Brick Lane you’ll be working with the very best in brewing technology, enabling you to make world class beer.
Working in cross-functional teams requires supportive teamwork and collaboration skills, excellent communication, the ability to multi-task while maintaining an absolute focus on safety, quality and accuracy in process and record keeping. Working in a start-up environment takes pragmatism, resilience, and the ability to take on projects and build systems from the ground up – it is going to be a fun journey. You’ll form a core part of the Brick Lane community, and be a champion of beer quality, sustainability and continual improvement.
Along the way we’ll support your continuing professional development through training opportunities, employee experience programs, and a strong community-focussed culture.
The position involves:
- Championing the ‘Safety, Always’ culture of Brick Lane, and hold accountability for maintaining a safe brewing community
- Rotating shift work, initially 2-shifts with some weekend and public holiday work.
- All aspects of wort production, from raw materials intake forward to cold, aerated wort
- Cold block operations, including CIP and CIP validation, yeast management and pitching, centrifuge operations, filtration, carbonation and quality management
- Implementation and review of the GMP, food safety and quality management systems
- Rotation through packaging operations
- Ensuring a clean and sanitary ‘showcase brewery’
- Inventory and quality management of raw materials
- Production planning and resource management
- Maintain accurate documentation across several systems (on and offline)
- Develop, review and revise SOPs and One Point Lessons
- Working collaboratively with the Quality and Packaging departments.
Your qualifications and experience will include;
- 1 years’ experience in brewing operations, preferably in a fast-paced production-brewing environment
- Recognised brewing qualifications (certificate level or higher) or related bachelors-level degree a big plus
- Great team work and positive, results-driven attitude
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement concepts a plus
Forklift and driver’s licences
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org