Website Tribe Breweries
About the business
We are Tribe Breweries – home to the largest number of independent craft beers in Australia. Our team are leaders in innovative high-quality brewing in Australasia.
Every day our team is focused on offering drinkers’ access to the finest beer products, and through our growing Tribe we seek to inspire and excite consumers about the craft beer revolution.
Our own portfolio of brands includes Mornington Peninsula Brewery, Stockade Brewing Co, Wilde Gluten Free and Pabst Blue Ribbon, and we are also one of the largest contract brewers in the country, partnering with awesome people to create really great beer.
About the role
The way we brew beer is critical to our success, and quality is at the heart of what we do. This new role based in Goulburn is accountable for activities related to quality assurance and maintaining industry best-practices within our brand-new site, fitted out with state-of-the-art brewing and production equipment.
In this role you will work in our on-site lab, ensuring that quality standards are met throughout the brewing process, and in the finished products that leave our site. It is a full-time role, initially operating on a day shift roster plan although this is likely to change in accordance with production growth.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Conduct all daily, weekly and monthly microbial and chemical tests necessary for evaluation and release of products, and deliver related reports
- Problem-solvingg on micro or chemical related issues to ensure quality of products are meeting all defined standards, involving relevant site and company stakeholders as required
- Participate in site meetings with relevant roles to ensure production goals are met, supplies are available as required, and our people are well equipped and informed to meet the challenges of the manufacturing environment
- Assist with creation and review of SOPs and conduct trainings on best practices for brewing team
- Manage general housekeeping of the lab, including ordering of consumables and calibration of equipment.
- Support team with the preparation for audits as applicable.
Benefits and perks
Our brand-new facility is nearing completion and will offer our team a safe and modern working environment. We offer some cool perks including flexibility with leave benefits and access to our excellent product range! In addition, you get to work with some super talented and passionate people who are all working toward one shared goal – to be the number one provider of craft beer in this country.
We are social, flexible and there is beer – it’s a great place to be!
Skills and experience
This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced production environment. The person who will be best suited for this position should be able to show us:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience within a similar lab-based role, definitely in food/beverage manufacturing and ideally in alcoholic beverages and brewing
- Demonstrated knowledge of food regulatory specifications and best-practice lab activities
- A strong understanding of GMP, HACCP, and WHS frameworks within a food/beverage manufacturing facility
- High attention to detail for record keeping and compliance with the various regulations and legislation frameworks we must comply with
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to engage with site and company stakeholders in resolving issues, and innovating processes for our future growth
We welcome new members who are honest, masters of their trade, and who embrace change. Ability to think outside the square and be creative on the fly are skills that are highly valued and utilised here. If this all sounds like the place you want to be, get in touch and let us know about you and what you can bring to our Tribe.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.