Brewpack is a family owned and run contract brewery and beverage manufacturer in Smeaton Grange. We have a broad customer base with a range of up to one hundred different products. The majority of our work is centred around brewing craft beer, but also includes some cider, RTDs and soft drinks.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and dedicated senior brewer to join our rapidly expanding team. This role is a great opportunity for an established, experienced brewer to use their proven, solid skill base to continue to grow and develop in a fast-paced, high volume, commercial contract brewing environment.
The successful applicant will be expected to possess a wide range of skills and experience including:
- Brewhouse operation, Filtration, cellaring, Laboratory & QC Analysis, Sanitation and also keg filling and bottling operations.
- Good knowledge of the brewing process, gained through at least 2 years’ experience in a commercial craft brewery capacity or similar environment.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal compliance and its implications to the business.
- Advanced commercial brewing experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge of, and genuine passion for, craft beer.
- Ability to multi task and work in fast pace production environment whilst maintaining accuracy, attention to detail and best practice at all times.
- Understanding the importance and application of sanitation practices on the brewing and beverage manufacturing process.
- Mechanical aptitude & problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in leading as well as motivating people, but also developing their skills by identifying skills gaps and providing relevant training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and to be a team player.
- Ability to work shifts as part of a 24hr/5day rotational weekly roster.
Ideal but not Essential:
- Formal brewing qualification; TAFE Cert 3 in Food Processing (Micro-Brewing), university degree highly regarded. Degree in Brewing, Brewing Science, Chemistry, Micro Biology or Engineering would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in development management of process and quality systems.
- Forklift licence.
If you love making beer and want to join the Brewpack team, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] or using the “Apply for this job” button below.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or NZ Citizen to apply and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.